Upgraded to Windows 10 - Now My Computer Won't Shut Down!!

RentAGook

An Army of Wan.
Jul 22, 2008
Philly
phillywebservices.com
I was so happy to install Windows 10 a few weeks ago. It seems pretty cool so far. I just have one complaint.

I click on shut down and the computer turns off, but then a little while later it turns on all by itself!

I searched all through the settings and don't see anything that would make my computer do this.

I'll be laying in bed and I'll open one eye and sure enough my computer is on!

Has anyone had this happen to them? How can I stop this from happening?

:eek7:

Haha that's actually really creepy.

Have you scanned your room for poltergeists with EMF meter yet?

I'd suggest to put your computer in rice for the night - but based on your name, you've got no hope, sorry, just throw out your PC and house and get new both.

<sarcasm>

Thank you all for the insightful advice.

</sarcasm>

It's an internet marketing forum with zero to little advice on that topic. Did you really think electronics support is the way to go?

On that note - I've got a great vegan seedflax cake recipe, does anyone want to talk about that as well? It's as relevant.

</sarcasm you're a fag and thats not sarcasm>

It's an internet marketing forum with zero to little advice on that topic. Did you really think electronics support is the way to go?

On that note - I've got a great vegan seedflax cake recipe, does anyone want to talk about that as well? It's as relevant.

</sarcasm you're a fag and thats not sarcasm>

You sir have hurt my feelings.

I would go cry myself to sleep but the dull glow of my monitor keeps me awake.

:sadcrying4:

You sir have hurt my feelings.

I would go cry myself to sleep but the dull glow of my monitor keeps me awake.

:sadcrying4:

Unplug your Computer/AVR/UPS/CPU/whatever for desktop or remove battery for laptop after shutting down = problem solved

P.S. If incase your computer turns on even if unplugged then "scan for poltergeists with EMF meter"

Well Windows 10 has lots of privacy issues, I think Microsoft just wants to collect your data and it turns it back on.

On a serious note, go to network settings, right click on network adapter, properties and uncheck allow this device to turn on computer or something like that. Do the same for peripherals.

Many people are facing this issue, you need to update all drivers and windows updates for OS 10 for major problems to resolve. Best place to search for help will be MS or PC OEM website/Forums.

You're obviously not completely powering off the machine, but instead putting it to sleep or hibernation. Look at the power settings for "Choose what the power button does" and change it. Then, as Shack said, make sure you're network devices, or Windows Update, aren't waking your machine up.

Check your bios and make sure setting for auto power on or specific times to turn on the computer are not active. I doubt this is related to wake on lan.

sodamnsexy.com-1116.jpg