UK Affs Running Rebills In The UK

mediastar100

Apr 26, 2008
If you live in the UK and run UK traffic hit me up on PM or AIM for a discussion on the latest new advertising rules and regulations.

You mean this?

What will the ASA do if it finds a company in breach of the code?
The ASA will do one or more of the following:
• “Name and shame” the company on the ASA website
• With the co-operation of search engines, remove paid-for advertising links to the page that has the offending marketing message
• Place ads online that brings attention to the company’s non-compliance

"Name and shame".. lol.

Yup that.

It's a bit more than name and shame as far as I can see, with specific details applied to biz op and teh berriez.

Yup that.

It's a bit more than name and shame as far as I can see, with specific details applied to biz op and teh berriez.

So why do you want to discuss this privately. Doesnt it make more sense to discuss it here?

What happens if someone blogs or Twitters about my company and what they say violates the regulations? The CAP Code calls this “user generated content”. The ASA cannot regulate what people say about your product or service. However, it would be subject to the regulations if you were to use what they have said in your marketing communications.
Flogger's paradise!

Yup that.

A very paranoid perpetrator though could allegedly be using unrelated domain registrar information, listing each domain on different IP, redirecting a visited IP on subsequent hits, etc. -- making it difficult to enforce these things. Not condoning, just sayin'.