Status
Not open for further replies.

force-11

PHP |㋛
Jul 27, 2009
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Mark. You're going to like me. :zzwhip:

First. In preparation for releasing my new WordPress review plugin which has been in development for the last few months and is currently in beta testing with a dozen of my affiliate marketing friends (as well as a handful of dedicated paid testers at this point): I want to hype it up a bit.

I promise this is better than WP Review Engine. Better than WF Review. My review plugin contains more features that you need to make money. I have quite the offer for you, too. An unbelievable price. An industry shattering money back guarantee. Lifetime support and updates. 3 "bonus" plugins that include functionality you want and need to make successful review sites. My review plugin is seriously good.

Introducing my review plugin, "MyReviewPlugin."

I want to give away a shit-ton of free copies of MyReviewPlugin to you guys, because I know the other guys have a serious reputation around here. I know that MyRP is better. I know the support and customer service you're going to get with MyRP is top-notch. I know that upgrades will be fast and frequent with MyRP.

In exchange for free copies of MyReviewPlugin, I want to pick your brain. Fill out the MyReviewPlugin Survey and 1 in 4 people will be sent a free license at launch in the next few weeks. 25% of people. That'll likely be a lot of licenses. Tell me what you think of review plugins, review sites, etc.

One in four of people who click here will get a free copy of the best WordPress review plugin available.

Second. To other script developers, I want to work out some exclusive deals for MyReviewPlugin. If you run a WordPress plugin or other great software product message me and we'll work out something mutually great.

"my review cock is bigger than yours"

edit: that said, I PM'd you about the plugin deal. I may be interested in something with Smart Tools/Link Engine... depending on... things.

Let's see...maybe if I go to BST I can hire a team of survey takers for around $5 and improve my chances of a free copy...

I promise this is better than WP Review Engine. Better than WF Review.
ayvn8m.gif

Some great responses to the survey so far. Let me be clear with you guys: if it isn't better than WF Review, I'm going to make it better. I want to position MyReviewPlugin as the single best WordPress review plugin available.

I see there's quite a bit of hostility towards challenging WF Review, I know its got a cult-like following around here. I'm determined to prove my point, MyReviewPlugin is going to rock. I think competition is good for all of you guys no matter what.

Currently, it does everything WP Review Engine and WF Review does. On top of that, it:
  • allows you to control every element of the autoembed's (there are 10 different autoembeds) CSS/location/layout through the administration area using easy controls
  • automatic SEOing of your whole site
  • automatic Twitter integration
  • automatic Google Maps integration (both in imports, like the other guys, and plain posts with a shortcode)
  • automatic sitemap generation
  • integration with all three microformats (hReview, hProduct and RDFa Review) for more SEO friendlyness (and compatibility with all kinds of other systems)
  • plus the three little men: Dr. Link, the Import Man and the Little Comment Man.
The three little men are standalone plugins that do some awesome stuff for improving your website.

That's just a quick summary of some of the improvements. I'm also going to focus on a VERY frequent release cycle once everything is up-and-going, and during the development process I've added about 100 future ideas to the list. Of course, customer suggestions will come first and upgrades will be free.

Regarding the partnership, I'm talking to Refrozen of WP Smart Tools right now to see if I can get something going with him. If anyone else wants to discuss partnering up, please message me!

lolz.

Some great responses to the survey so far. Let me be clear with you guys: if it isn't better than WF Review, I'm going to make it better. I want to position MyReviewPlugin as the single best WordPress review plugin available.

I see there's quite a bit of hostility towards challenging WF Review, I know its got a cult-like following around here. I'm determined to prove my point, MyReviewPlugin is going to rock. I think competition is good for all of you guys no matter what. :)

Currently, it does everything WP Review Engine and WF Review does. On top of that, it allows you to control every element of the autoembed's (there are 10 different autoembeds) CSS/location/layout through the administration area using easy controls, automatic SEOing of your whole site, automatic Twitter integration, automatic Google Maps integration, automatic sitemap generation, integration with all three microformats (hReview, hProduct and RDFa Review) for more SEO friendlyness (and compatibility with all kinds of other systems), plus the three little men: Dr. Link, the Import Man and the Little Comment Man. The three little men are standalone plugins that do some awesome stuff for improving your website.

That's just a quick summary of some of the improvements. I'm also going to focus on a VERY frequent release cycle once everything is up-and-going, and during the development process I've added about 100 future ideas to the list. Of course, customer suggestions will come first and upgrades will be free. :)

Regarding the partnership, I'm talking to Refrozen of WP Smart Tools right now to see if I can get something going with him. If anyone else wants to discuss partnering up, please message me!

lolz.

After careful consideration, I'd like to edit my post to the following:

Who the fuck are you? Most of us don't buy WFReview because of the sales page but because of Wolfe. He's there. He doesn't sleep. He's a runner-up to chuck norris in terms of always being alert and available. I've never heard of you, and I have a feeling that in a month I won't ever hear about you again. But you know, that's just my opinion.

I wish you the best of luck, but I highly doubt it'll be better than WFReview...
Like I said, if its not, I'll make sure it gets there. WF Review in its 2.0-branch was unimpressive in functionality. 3.0 looks like its improved a lot but I still feel MyRP is better, especially in its ease of use.
Bofu2U said:
After careful consideration, I'd like to edit my post to the following:

Who the fuck are you? Most of us don't buy WFReview because of the sales page but because of Wolfe. He's there. He doesn't sleep. He's a runner-up to chuck norris in terms of always being alert and available. I've never heard of you, and I have a feeling that in a month I won't ever hear about you again. But you know, that's just my opinion.
hahahahaha. I'm not going anywhere. I'm Mark - I've done freelance PHP for years, dabbled in a little affiliate marketing (generally SEO-type stuff) with some success over those years. What do you want to know?

I want to know if you're coming to ASW Vegas so I can ask you the other questions in person. :) Show us you're serious mang.

If this doesn't go completely downhill when I release (as in bb_wolfe doesn't come in and successfully instruct everyone to hate me for competing with him), I'll certainly make an appearance if for nothing more than to party and rep the plugin. I'd love to hang out with you guys, identify some of your needs in the plugin, demo some of my WIPs and all.

But if when I release people just give me a bunch of shit and have no interest in watching me develop MyRP to be the best shit ever, no I won't be coming.

In other words, if honest competition is cool around here, I'll be there. Fair?

Wolfe made a good point to me on MSN here about understanding your audience, you're selling to people who sell little Amazonian fruits to fat people and convince them that it will make them skinny. You're never going to get anywhere unless you show us something solid. Until then, this thread is going to serve as nothing more than a place for those of us who like Nick to destroy you.

Even with the display picture, you're screwed. I'm not calling your product snake oil, that's just the assumption until you show otherwise.

If this doesn't go completely downhill when I release (as in bb_wolfe doesn't come in and successfully instruct everyone to hate me for competing with him), I'll certainly make an appearance if for nothing more than to party and rep the plugin. I'd love to hang out with you guys, identify some of your needs in the plugin, demo some of my WIPs and all.

But if when I release people just give me a bunch of shit and have no interest in watching me develop MyRP to be the best shit ever, no I won't be coming.

In other words, if honest competition is cool around here, I'll be there. Fair?

I'm pretty sure if you have a solid product the competition would be welcome. Do your research before you try to launch something:
http://www.wickedfire.com/sell-buy-...l-affiliate-review-site-plugin-wordpress.html

I'm pretty sure if you have a solid product the competition would be welcome. Do your research before you try to launch something:
http://www.wickedfire.com/sell-buy-...l-affiliate-review-site-plugin-wordpress.html

I hope so. I'm well aware of WP Review Engine, I mentioned it a few times in this thread. WP Review Engine was my main source of inspiration - particularly in all the problems I had with it! Its a great product, for sure though. I'll have something more concrete to show you guys shortly (next few days), but for now, here's a screenshot of one part of the settings area!

ssmallsettings.png

Status
Not open for further replies.