two sites or one? monetizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalhead

Feb 7, 2009
I have two niche keyword .com domains. I plan to affiliate market with one of them (a review site). I was thinking about developing the other one (providing content and data) and adding google ads to it. Would that be better, or should I just do the one and put google ads on the same one that is AM?

I guess if I made both sites, then on the second one with the ads, I could put a link to my AM site, right? Would that be the best way to go then?

This is a good question, MH. Here's a question for you: what's the best way to get to Giant's stadium from Brooklyn? Well, you'd get different answers depending on who you asked. I'd suggest taking a closer look at your niche. Perhaps you'll find that there are two areas ripe for the picking within the niche; each area could be targeted with each of your sites.

Or, one other way to go about it would be to optimize for your info/exploratory keywords on the first site, and your money keywords on the second site. Use the first site to drive traffic to the second.

I'd really think hard about how you want to monetize the site as well. You could probably do better than Adsense.

Have fun and good luck with the sites.

I'd really think hard about how you want to monetize the site as well. You could probably do better than Adsense.

Are you saying there are better ad services than adsense, or you mean better ways to make money other than placing ads?

I have two niche keyword .com domains. I plan to affiliate market with one of them (a review site). I was thinking about developing the other one (providing content and data) and adding google ads to it. Would that be better, or should I just do the one and put google ads on the same one that is AM?

I guess if I made both sites, then on the second one with the ads, I could put a link to my AM site, right? Would that be the best way to go then?

Unless you're a fucking SEO god, you don't stand a chance of making an Adsense (use the right terminology...) profit like you would with a review site with affiliate offers.

Scrap the Adsense idea unless you're content being a dollar menuaire.

Develop both sites, 3-4 products on each, see what converts. It's all about testing, so architect the 2 sites so that on one site Product A is best and Product D is worst, then on the other site, Product D is best and Product A is worst, then see what the numbers are and adjust accordingly.

Blackink2.com covers this in great detail if you're stuck. Not 100% of what I said is covered, but enough to get you through.

Unless you're a fucking SEO god, you don't stand a chance of making an Adsense (use the right terminology...) profit like you would with a review site with affiliate offers.

Scrap the Adsense idea unless you're content being a dollar menuaire.

Develop both sites, 3-4 products on each, see what converts. It's all about testing, so architect the 2 sites so that on one site Product A is best and Product D is worst, then on the other site, Product D is best and Product A is worst, then see what the numbers are and adjust accordingly.

Blackink2.com covers this in great detail if you're stuck. Not 100% of what I said is covered, but enough to get you through.

<noob>

can i have affiliate links from the same company for the same product on two different websites, or is that against TOS?

</noob>

<noob>

can i have affiliate links from the same company for the same product on two different websites, or is that against TOS?

</noob>

ROFL!

Of course you CAN'T! You'll get banned so fast it would make your retarded ass spin!

.... I'm just fucking with you, and if it wasn't for the n00b tags I'd really dig in. If you had any questions of TOS ask your AM (but don't expect a reply).

Status
Not open for further replies.