Two of my employees got killed today.

S M W

May 13, 2009
I'm counting my blessings today. This is a reminder to all of you. Take time to hug your kids and be thankful for what you have - even if you're not a baller like some here.

I work a full-time job and a guy came into work and shot and killed two people right in front of me. I was literally 10 ft away from the guy when he shot one... could have easily been me. Anyway I'm gonna spend some time with my kids this weekend and re-think things...

If anyone needs an IM apprentice let me know. I'm looking to get out of this job! At least no one shoots at you when you're doing IM!!

More info here....

Link to story

Was the shooter someone who used to work there?

Did he seem to know the people he shot at?

holy shit dude. you are a lucky mother fucker.

what led up to your coworkers getting wacked?

Damn that's crazy. Was this a disgruntled employee/customer or just a random dude?

RIP to your employees. Life is fleeting. Definitely count your blessings & spend time with your little ones.

i was following the guy thru the plant with one of our engineers. i almost confronted the guy about who he was and what he was doing there. i didn't know he already killed one person and had a gun under his shirt...

i was following the guy thru the plant with one of our engineers. i almost confronted the guy about who he was and what he was doing there. i didn't know he already killed one person and had a gun under his shirt...

Wow. Count your blessing. You could've been whacked so easily.

Several years ago I was at a company when a guy who was getting drugged out during lunches and acting totally erratic was shitcanned.

He walked back into the office a few hours later w/ a briefcase and put it in his former manager's office which struck me as REAL odd, total insane look in his eyes.

I told several people about this telling them I think we should evacuate the office and got 'oh you're over-reacting' so I along w/ a few co-workers WITH brains left out shit on our desks and went straight to the elevator.

Turned out to be nothing, but if a bomb had gone off I'm sure I would have gone from 'over reacting' to brilliant real quick.

Moral/my point- take YOUR safety seriously, not some employers instilled sense of "duty" to ignore and/or go beyond and confront/look into things that are far outside the scope of your keyboard punching existence.

Glad to hear you're okay, that's real scary. I recommend some therapy even if you think you don't need it, I've never seen someone get shot, but that would be high on my list of things to do if I had.

Stay safe.

Fucked up story SMW. It's sad how some fucked up losers think they can extinguish someone else's life that way. Definitely take time with your family and really let it all sink in -- some people don't even let things like this faze them for more than a day or two.

I had to click a couple times around on that site cuz I saw the weather being reported, didn't know if I was gona be connected to an Acai link.

Even after it happened it was hard to get people to listen when I yelled for everyone to evacuate. They all wanted to see what happened and actually moved in closer to the danger. What I could see was the guy was reloading... Glad no one else got hurt!

The article didn't name the suspect. You must realize you're gonna be a chief witness at the murder trial.

This kind of thing is shocking and takes a bit of getting your mind around. I had a terrible experience I won't detail here, something I will never recover from 100%. Most people who go through awful things are able to eventually move on, more or less.

A strange thing happened a few years ago at an office I worked at for years. It was a community newspaper company that had a press room on the premises.

I was a freelancer, and came in one morning to have a staff member notarize a piece of paper for me. Half an hour after I leave, there was an explosion in the press room caused by dirty rags which were ignited by spontaneous combustion.

The whole building was totally leveled that day, with all of their equipment, computers and past issues. Luckily, everybody got out okay.

Even after it happened it was hard to get people to listen when I yelled for everyone to evacuate. They all wanted to see what happened and actually moved in closer to the danger. What I could see was the guy was reloading... Glad no one else got hurt!

wtf..? aren't there be massacre?? horrible!