Two images in TwentyTen header?

craigmc

Mar 13, 2010
Gump Town
What I'm looking to do is change this header into a custom one. I would like to have one small image to the left and the other to fill out the header.

I'm not a programmer by any means so that is out of the question. Is there any easy way to do this or do I need to outsource it ?

just get the size of the image (you can download it from the theme directory) and then draw something up yourself with the same dimensions and save it as the same name. then simply overwrite it.

In firefox u can right click - view image info. This gives u dim's .. then like he ^ said.. overwrite it. OR.......... u could outsource it to me if u stuck!! :D

take this file:
/wp-content/themes/twentyten/images/headers/path.jpg

replace it whatever you want. easiest would be to take the two images idea and make one final image. Default image dimension is 940x198

take this file:

replace it whatever you want. easiest would be to take the two images idea and make one final image. Default image dimension is 940x198

Only the width matters here. You must keep the same width but you can have it taller or shorter.

Thanks for the replies guys ! I wasn't sure if something like this was doable or not. What program can be used to do this? And please don't tell me PhotoShop. I can afford it but it would be to much to spend for what little I would use it.

Upload your new image with a ftp program or through cpanel filemanager and you can edit your wp theme through the backend of wordpress itself.

Thanks for the replies guys ! I wasn't sure if something like this was doable or not. What program can be used to do this? And please don't tell me PhotoShop. I can afford it but it would be to much to spend for what little I would use it.

For the Graphics? If you dont want to pay for Photoshop then you need GIMP its the best free graphics design software out there. If your on a MAC the other program that seems to be getting great reviews is Pixelmator (but I dont have any experience with it)