Twitter Strategy?

danej

Mar 24, 2011
Ok, I'm new to twitter. My first thought was, I'll just follow people in our 'niche' and X% will follow us back. So, this idea is working fine until I hit 2,000 follows. Um, yeah, they have a 2,000 follow limit. We're getting followers as we go and we're currently at 1,800 followers (some of those followers we're paid for).

1. Does anyone know the ratio for being able to follow more people? How many followers are required to pass the 2,000?

2. Should I unfollow people and follow more? (Abuse of this is against TOS, and I don't want this account banned)

3. Just wait it out and find other means of getting followers?

4. Add more tweets and comments to make the profile appear more active?

I've tried to look up these answers here and in google, but most of the comments about this are from 2008 and may or may not be relevant.

Look into software like Tweet Adder or TweetBig. You need to automate your unfollowing so you can continue to add.

You can unfollow 200ish a day and be fine. I've done more in a day and never been in trouble. You need to unfollow the ones that don't follow you back.

The ratio is calculated on how many followers you have. You can only follow 10% more than is following you. So to top teh 2k mark, you gotta get keep your account maintained. Trim those ranks.

Use tweet adder. Worth every penny.

If you have followers who like what you are promotion you can start to post some shortened affiliate links.

Having a lot of uncategorized followers is not a big thing and will not make you any money.

I tried out twitterattacks, great software but i was not able to make some money with it.