Trademark/Naming Questions

Dr. Scientist

Feb 7, 2010
I came up with a nice site name and logo, but I found out that another company has a somewhat similar logo and a name that sort of sounds like mine, but not really.

We're also in different industries. Their industry is investment research, whereas I'm obviously doing lead generation/marketing. I just really wanna run this by someone though.

Is there someone here I can PM to talk about this? I've been trying to get in touch with a trademark/IP lawyer all day but couldn't get a free consult anywhere.

Hit me up, thanks.

If you have enough cash get ready to go to war. If not forget about it and move on

If you have enough cash get ready to go to war. If not forget about it and move on

fuuuuu, srs?

Goodbye sweet domain name

tumblr_mb4v4nCANp1r4dm8ho1_500.gif

I came up with a nice site name and logo, but I found out that another company has a somewhat similar logo and a name that sort of sounds like mine, but not really.

We're also in different industries. Their industry is investment research, whereas I'm obviously doing lead generation/marketing. I just really wanna run this by someone though.

Is there someone here I can PM to talk about this? I've been trying to get in touch with a trademark/IP lawyer all day but couldn't get a free consult anywhere.

Hit me up, thanks.

peasantspotted.jpg

fuuuuu, srs?

Goodbye sweet domain name

tumblr_mb4v4nCANp1r4dm8ho1_500.gif

So I take it you are stealing their mark? Did you cover your tracks when you registered the domain & hosting? And no I don't mean whois protection. You can rob their mark blind, just have to be 4 steps ahead. I'm guessing you are 5 steps behind, so cut your losses and TSF me the domain.

So I take it you are stealing their mark? Did you cover your track when you registered the domain? And no I don't mean whois protection. You can rob their mark blind, just have to be 4 steps ahead. I'm guessing you are 5 steps behind, so cut your losses and TSF me the domain.

I'm definitely not robbing their mark, man. Just sent you a PM with what's going on. I'm just paranoid and on that peasant time.

Spoke to dmnEPC. Thanks for the help.

Just looking to get in touch with a trademark lawyer now or someone with extensive experience in that field to figure out what to do for sure.

In this life if you want something just take it. If you don't, I will.