Tracking PPC Keywords to Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberkiller

Banned
Jul 17, 2006
I know how to track a keyword from ppc to cj directly to the affiliate. My question is how do you guys who use landing pages track which keywords are converting? I am trying to get more into landing pages and haven't been able to find a way yet to track the keyword after my landing page to the merchant. Also I have been doing my adword keyword/dest url by hand which is very time consuming (adding the keyword to the cj sid link for everyone) Is there easier ways?

Thanks.

Here's how I do it with my few test campaigns:

Link from google to my site:
mysite.com?kw=mykeyword&engine=google

Then, I use PHP to parse the incoming variables and turn it into the SID for the outgoing link:
cjlinksite.com/click-whatever-number?SID=google-mykeyword

There may be a smarter way to do it (Google may provide the incoming keyword in some header without you having to set up variables to pass in). I haven't really looked into it much - I just wanted something quick and dirty that kinda worked.

Been looking into this, any chance you could post some sample code or direct me to a guide?

cjlinksite.com/click-whatever-number?SID={keyword}

I'm familiar with php but never did any parsing work. I am assuming the above wouldn't work on a landing page.

Status
Not open for further replies.