Tracking email opt-ins?

mpbiz

Apr 29, 2010
So basically my LP is good to go, and I've decided why not spend $20 on aweber and try to get more from my ppc traffic. I'm basically planning on selling + offering something free for email opt-in on the same LP. That way if they don't buy right away, I can hopefully capture their email and send them some good PLR and motivation emails every couple of days with the original offer included in the text and with my sig at the bottom as well. My problem is that I have never dabbled in email before and I don't know how to properly track the ctr for my different emails/plr articles I'll be sending out. I know all the ins and outs of 202 but only for ppc. I figure I could just create a fake ppc network called "Email" and maybe assign a different Text Ad code to each diff email I send out. Once they click the email link, the LP that I send them to would have to be different than the end page for my ppc traffic correct? Otherwise I would be seeing which emails are getting a good ctr, but I wouldn't be able to see which emails are actually converting? I'm sure some of you guys are successfully doing this as we speak so any help is greatly appreciated. It's been a long day, maybe I'm just over thinking this and need to sit down and write down the traffic steps on paper :D

BTW, I've searched the mailing section and couldn't find anything specific to tracking. If I'm wrong please let me know and I'll be happy to dickroll myself.

you can track which keywords led to opt-ins by placing the tracking202 pixel on the 'thank you' page..

for the emails, you can find out which ones converted by using subids in your affiliate link (dont use an affiliate link, use a php redirect) like ?subid=email1,email2,email3