Total Mindfuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockDiesel

Nov 29, 2007
Have any of you tried these Graples? They are Apples that taste like Grapes.

Talk about a mindfuck. My tongue is telling me grapes, but my eyes are showing me apples.

They sure look like apples to me. Never had them though, but now I want to.

grapple.jpg

The novelty kinda wears off after 1 or 2 of them, but they definitely messed with my head.

What problem does this solve? If you want to taste grapes, then eat a grape.

What problem does this solve? If you want to taste grapes, then eat a grape.

HAHA twue - yay for marketing... I wonder when they're going to make 'punny butter' or 'chocolate sprouts'.... 'just because' ppl will want to... try them... k I'm gone to make my skinny tasting fatchick soup, with sour crackers... brb.

maybe I should have clarified that these aren't genetically altered at all. They just inject a grape flavor solution into the Apple and the Apple takes on the flavor. No fancy scientific work here.

Wow, genetic engineering ftw.

Makes me wanna try it.

Where do they sell it?

Wow, genetic engineering ftw.

Makes me wanna try it.

Where do they sell it?

It's not genetic, they sell them in most supermarkets in the US (Safeway being the big one). Apparently it's a product born due to American kids not liking the tast of Apples, they like Grapes, so they dowse the Apple in grape juice.

They are also going to launch a Bapple (Banana flavored apple) or they were. It's pretty fucking stupid and the novelty wears off *really* quick, it's been out for years here.

5 bucks for 4 apples? That's pretty funny. I bet it's mostly the soccer moms buying it for their spoiled, over pampered kids.

OMG, yes I saw those Grapples at my grocery store! So that's really all they do is soak them in grape juice? How retarded.... The packaging seemed to imply that it was modified to grow tasting like grapes. Thanks for the heads up, though! My kiddo was asking for them... now I know it's a waste.

OMG, yes I saw those Grapples at my grocery store! So that's really all they do is soak them in grape juice? How retarded.... The packaging seemed to imply that it was modified to grow tasting like grapes. Thanks for the heads up, though! My kiddo was asking for them... now I know it's a waste.

So, it wouldn't have been a waste if it was modified to grow tasting like grapes? It still tastes like grapes whether is was soaked in juice or genetically modified, so it makes no difference - you get what they say you will get (grape flavored apples).

btw, I'm not saying these grapples are worth it. Just your logic makes no sense at all.

Why don't they just grow a big grape the size of an apple? Or grow them the size of water melons, and paint them to look like apples. I'd call them Gramplons! and Shmelons' , people would lose their minds , but I'd eat that! People would consider me the definitive guide to eating Willy Wonka fruit, I'd even wear a crazy top hat, and wear a cape, I'd be the shit.

'Apple Shmelons'

I've had them before. They were good for the novelty, and had a nice crisp taste to them, but I wouldn't buy them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.