(‵▽′)Ψ
Oct 15, 2010
Table-1.jpg

Table-2.jpg

Pie-Chart.jpg

http://www.gfi.com/blog/top-vulnerable-applications-operating-systems-2010/

how the fuck is IE so low on that list wtf

This. +rep

IE is the most notorious software for bugs. They listed Google chrome on top and IE near to the bottom WTF

Agree with their Operating system vulnerably order.

i believe it.
No matter how much you debug a program once you release it to millions every vulnerability under the sun will come out. Chrome doesn't have enough users compared to IE or as many versions to have a history behind. I had to quit using it because of how buggy it is with viewing a lot of pages i visit regularly. I can imagine it has the security vulnerabilities to match.

Suck it all you Chrominites!

It would make the most sense considering it's the youngest of the top few browsers in use.

Pretty surprised to see Safari close behind, considering how "secure" Macs are suppose to be.

I think if the table does anything, it basically tells you that no operating system is really THAT safe and that there is a way to exploit them. Should really make Mac users give a little though to how "secure" they really think they are.

So I see that US Government is detecting and analyzing vulnerabilities...instead of compiling pointless reports - maybe they can do a better job at project themselves from cyber espionage from China?

It would make the most sense considering it's the youngest of the top few browsers in use.

Pretty surprised to see Safari close behind, considering how "secure" Macs are suppose to be.

I think if the table does anything, it basically tells you that no operating system is really THAT safe and that there is a way to exploit them. Should really make Mac users give a little though to how "secure" they really think they are.

I love this stuff. Finally Apple based products are exposed to people who actually want to abuse them. Welcome to the mainstream -- please move to the left side of the room as our virii abuse you and force you to send email to your favorite kin.

I can appreciate Apple's come back in the desktop sphere, but good lord if they ever became more mainstream than Microsoft. The anguish screams would be hard to bare.

Oh, and let me *HF* 2008 for being lower than even linux kernel in terms of abuse. Your massive socket/network overhaul was something I asked for 6 years ago with NT. Yay to fixes and actually catching up to linux in some respect.

Useless graph is useless.

They arent even giving the average time for patch after disclosure of bug/flaw/vulnerability, which is the most important number.

These are vulnerabilities announced in 2010, not a measure of how vulnerable they are.

An end of life product like win2k isn't more secure because there are fewer vulnerabilities announced this year. It's less secure because it's so fucked that no one is even bothering to come up with more ways to penetrate it.

Suck it all you Chrominites!

Google offers $1,000 cash for exploits found in it's open source code, and routinely gives out $20,000+ in contests to exploit the browser. They are a fuckload more proactive about finding and fixing exploits than any of the other browsers on the list.