Tools for finding sites for manual blog comments on my niche

ks1905

Nov 29, 2010
Hello,

I figured that I would share what I've been doing and maybe get some suggestion from others on finding sites with do-follow comment sections on my niche/topic.

For the past few months I've been using Google News, Google, and Blogpulse.com for finding sites to add blog comments to and links back to my site. I've found some dofollow sites to add relevant not too spammy comments on (Pr2-PR7 domains) and I even found a PR5 page that allowed me a dofollow comment that stuck and indexed. I like doing this (for SEO purposes) and have found some small but relevant traffic coming to my site because of these comments.

The thing is that this can sometimes be very tedious and hard to find a dofollow comment section (especially if I am the first commenter). I don't know how many times that I've commented, only to find out after the post that it is a nofollow comment.

So am I wasting my time? Am I better off just paying for services in the BST section of WF? I really like having comments pointing back to my site that are relevant to my niche. I do a lot of Blackhat links too.

Is there a better way of going about this?

There is a firefox plugin which highlights dofollow links on a page. So, looking at previous comments, you can figure out if they are dofollow or nofollow. This will save some of your labour.

Good luck.

Thank you for the suggestion, I use it all ready and as soon as I see that it is a no:follow link than I am out of there before the page completely loads. The tool has a lot of other features besides highlighting no:follow links. If anyone wants to download the tool, the one that I use is called Quirk SearchStatus for Firefox.

The problem is that I can't tell if it is a no:follow link if I am the first commenter; I guess that I could search the domain to see if there are do:follow comment links in the domain's other pages.