Today the world didn't end. But...

MyOwnDemon

Face Rocker
Jan 28, 2007
Iowa
www.sitestomp.com
Today there was no asteroid hitting earth. No fucking volcano exploding. No sudden ice age gripping the world. No unprovoked nuclear war. No sudden destruction.

But maybe the Mayans were right. And everyone else whose ever predicted some kind of end to our world.

Mankind no longer respects the earth. Fuck, we don't even respect each other. War. Greed. Genocide. Hunger. Murder. Racism. Envy. Lust. Hypocrisy. Worshiping the dolled up actors on our big screens. The slow destruction of our own planet. Wasting resources. Fighting over fucking oil and land and other shit that doesn't matter on a human level.

This world was doomed the second mankind evolved from a microorganism, crawled his slimy ass onto the ground and stood on two legs. Not just today. We've done nothing but destroy, rape, pollute, and exploit our planet from the second we dragged ourselves out of the oceans with half a brain cell.

So, is it the end of the world? Maybe not in the biblical or literal sense. There's no tag sticking out of Mother Earth with an expiration date. The end of times is certainly not today.

But I'm sure it's coming eventually. And probably sooner than we think.

Good luck, bros. Not just for you. But for your children. And their children.

I'm just glad we're looking for other planets to fuck up. Can't wait for Worlds War I.

tumblr_m5p7tdHpmM1rygmgao1_500.jpg

Posting from Noah Ark. Are you guys on board?

Roommate is a white tiger, staring at me all day, motherfucker got told not to eat the last human.

Today there was no asteroid hitting earth. No fucking volcano exploding. No sudden ice age gripping the world. No unprovoked nuclear war. No sudden destruction.

But maybe the Mayans were right. And everyone else whose ever predicted some kind of end to our world.

Mankind no longer respects the earth. Fuck, we don't even respect each other. War. Greed. Genocide. Hunger. Murder. Racism. Envy. Lust. Hypocrisy. Worshiping the dolled up actors on our big screens. The slow destruction of our own planet. Wasting resources. Fighting over fucking oil and land and other shit that doesn't matter on a human level.

This world was doomed the second mankind evolved from a microorganism, crawled his slimy ass onto the ground and stood on two legs. Not just today. We've done nothing but destroy, rape, pollute, and exploit our planet from the second we dragged ourselves out of the oceans with half a brain cell.

So, is it the end of the world? Maybe not in the biblical or literal sense. There's no tag sticking out of Mother Earth with an expiration date. The end of times is certainly not today.

But I'm sure it's coming eventually. And probably sooner than we think.

Good luck, bros. Not just for you. But for your children. And their children.

You think "human nature" changes? You think this was different 2000 years ago? I doubt it. One thing has changed, the number of people on earth. But not WHAT we do.

People will always kill each other, consume whatever they can.

Look at a fucking dog. They eat whatever is available. Just like humans. This is not some fucking evil 21st century thing.

Humans fucked each other over before, and always will.

You guys seem to be jumping the gun a bit. Half the world hasn't even woke up yet.

You think "human nature" changes? You think this was different 2000 years ago? I doubt it. One thing has changed, the number of people on earth. But not WHAT we do.

People will always kill each other, consume whatever they can.

Look at a fucking dog. They eat whatever is available. Just like humans. This is not some fucking evil 21st century thing.

Humans fucked each other over before, and always will.

No shit.

Hence why I said...

"We've done nothing but destroy, rape, pollute, and exploit our planet from the second we dragged ourselves out of the oceans with half a brain cell."

You're preaching to the choir here, sir.

You guys seem to be jumping the gun a bit. Half the world hasn't even woke up yet.

Just what I thought.
Nothing was ever going to happen today but I think you should at least wait for the 22nd to arrive before posting this.

Nice 14 year old teenage girl angst novel OP.

The only future for mankind is to merge with machines and conquer the universe. It's closer than you think.

just because you heard a few depressing stories doesn't mean humanity is spiraling downwards. if you actually examine the entire history of mankind, living conditions, peace, and humanity in general has only improved.

just because you heard a few depressing stories doesn't mean humanity is spiraling downwards. if you actually examine the entire history of mankind, living conditions, peace, and humanity in general has only improved.

you must have conveniently forgotten the two bloodiest wars in "entire history of mankind" were in the past 100 years

you must have conveniently forgotten the two bloodiest wars in "entire history of mankind" were in the past 100 years

You must be forgetting the per capital way of calculating things. While they were the bloodiest, a much smaller % of people died in the last century because of famine, preventable illness, violent death and war than in any other period in 'the entire history of mankind'

P.S. I'm not totally convinced we are progressing, 'standard of living by all measurable means' has improved, but there is a difference between by all measurable means and reality. Our quest for convenience and earthly pleasures might be misguided. I don't however see myself as capable of transforming such a perspective, or even of judging it.