To channel or Not to channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xrproto

Waste of e-space
Aug 1, 2006
Well I've decided to look for other means of tracking my individual pages in adsense due to the fucked up reporting going on in my account the last couple of days.

Aside from a wrath of shit traffic and invalid clicks from 7search two of my channels in adsense went fucking nuts, one not report clicks and the other reporting 3 times the page impressions.

The shit load of extra page impressions didn't bother me but the one not reporting clicks threw me off. It caused one of my sites to "appear" like it wasn't converting AT all causing me to pull it after 2 days in the red until I figured out what was going on.

After cross referencing logs and data I hashed out the 7search deal with some invalid traffic, very minimal. Then I decided to create two new channels and replace the code on the two sites that seemed out of wack. What happened when I did that? Everything back to normal and the one site not reporting clicks, back to to 50% CTR with in the hour. The other with insane page impressions is back to normal as well.

So I've concluded that I will seek other tracking means beside channel and completly remove all the channels from my account.

Now this is where you all come in. I've been testing adlogger for the last week and I've concluded that is dodgey at best. So I'm reading up on using Google Analytics and suggestions or recomendations are welcome.

I have no problem with the channels I've set up on Adsense... I've got only about a dozen right now, but all the reporting seems to be perfectly fine.

Yeah well I never had problems until a couple of days ago. The site that had all those page impressions I just put up Tuesday and what the channel shows is 3 times that of it's total page loads since day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.