TIP: Read Wickedfire NOT the NEWS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddarhusetgal

Incongruous Juxtaposition
May 2, 2007
I'm going to make this brief 'cause it's 4:53am or so and I have some work to do. I found WF back in 2007 when I just started online.

Yesterday, we had the worst employment numbers in 25 years.....

Coincidentally, yesterday, I had one of my MOST PROFITABLE days of that 2 years.

The moral of the story: TURN THE NEWS OFF!!!!!

Don't listen to how broke people are, how people are losing their jobs, how all the opportunities are gone and "if you just found out about this stuff 4 or 5 years ago you'd be blah blah blah".

The next 2-5 years are going to present the greatest business opportunities of our lifetimes. There are people "right beside you" who read this board and ACT on it everyday who will be worth 7, 8 or 9 figures (or more) - OF THAT YOU CAN BE SURE.

The only difference between anybody is the attitude they decide to take. You can look around and say "like sucks, this is Depression II" or you can say "wow all those people are hitting up google, yahoo, etc for answers" let me provide solutions to people's pressing problems and get paid!

You can get rich AND employ people looking for work. I'm not trying to be self-righteous or preachy just trying to demonstrate that there are people doing well and you can be one of them (and to give back a little cause I feel really happy I found this resourceful place and really grateful to fellow colleagues the big/guy upstairs, Harry Potter, lady luck or whomever...)

A note on how to use WF a little better, some of my best personal practices:

1) Learn how to use the advance search functionality VERY WELL. For instance if you have a question about Traffic, search the traffic threads using broad and exact match keyword phrases.

2) learn how to use site search. Example, sometimes I go to google and type in "keyword" site:wickedfire.com to find info

3) Learn whom to listen to. Rather than swimming through thousands of posts (some useless some useful....), identify who knows their shit on what area and search through their posts. For instance, if you want to find some useful info on building ads for ppc, try imageandwords' posts, if you want some info on good linkbuilding services you migh search through RedVirus' posts, etc., etc

by the way, numbers 1)-3) are good "best practices" for using forums in general....

4) When it comes to finding profitable niches, learn how to think of not just "what" people are using to find stuff online i.e. "what keywords" but "why" and "how"

Want an example? There are some 12,100 people each month searching for info on how to "make life easier" and a subset - 3,600 hundred are searching for info on "products" that make life easier!

Now does this sound like a group of "motivated" buyers or what? Not only that, but there is VERY little competition for this phrase.

Now you might be saying to yourself "how in the world did she find that niche". The answer is I sat back and spent some time thinking about the "why" and "how" of how people are using keywords and thinking out the box (some info here http://www.wickedfire.com/affiliate-marketing/52527-how-find-niche.html ). Especially given the times we are in...

Jump up and down if you have to, get that right brain/creative side working. You might be saying if it's so hot,why is she giving it up and the answer is there are thousands of niches like that. Somebody right now can own that niche and if they are having difficulty paying their mortgage can help themselves out right there - so go get it.

Once more, I bet there's money in the niche of buyers in google.co.uk, .de, .ca and a dozen other localized markets...

I hope this is info somebody finds useful. Enjoy your weekend.....

Good on you. Well done on your success. I'm hoping I might be in the same boat as you come this time next year.

And thanks for the little tips. + rep

edit: realised that you were the last person I + repped. Looks like I have to spread the love first haha.

LOL. Honestly, anyone can do it - I'm nothing special (so to speak). If you want it bad enough you can make it happen. It depends on the price each person is willing to pay. While your mates are hanging out you might be building sites or doing keyword research. One day you will be making money in your sleep while they go to jobs they hate....
It's just how it is....

2350secret.jpg

Nice little motivator but the beginning is a bit misleading. I couldn't disagree more with the statement "turn off the news"

WATCH, LISTEN & READ THE NEWS!

It will give you good ideas for new websites. New products to push. New angles to take. How to market your products and tap into the emotions about certain things. You just have to pay attention.

Tried to +rep, but WF says I have to spread the love around.

Great post -- again.

Now I have to get back to work.

Thank you very much Riddarhusetgal, +rep for motivation boost. I try to fill myself with positive and productive thoughts, you almost have to in this industry because for me at least, my social life has to take a huge step back in order for time to be allocated properly working for the future.

I'm sure everyone here has had to make some sacrafices, and what you said about people working shit jobs while we'll be banking in bed is spot on to what motivates me day in and day out.

Here's something I saved a while back, I make it a point to read it every once in a while, hope you guys like it!

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration." He may have been exaggerating, but the idea is that solid work, steadily applied, gets you surprisingly far. The steady application of effort with a little bit more work, intelligently applied is what does it. That's the trouble; drive, misapplied, doesn't get you anywhere.

Most people like to believe something is or is not true. Great scientists tolerate ambiguity very well. They believe the theory enough to go ahead; they doubt it enough to notice the errors and faults so they can step forward and create the new replacement theory. If you believe too much you'll never notice the flaws; if you doubt too much you won't get started. It requires a lovely balance.

If you are deeply immersed and committed to a topic, day after day after day, your subconscious has nothing to do but work on your problem. And so you wake up one morning, or on some afternoon, and there's the answer. For those who don't get committed to their current problem, the subconscious goofs off on other things and doesn't produce the big result. So the way to manage yourself is that when you have a real important problem you don't let anything else get the center of your attention * you keep your thoughts on the problem. Keep your subconscious starved so it has to work on your problem, so you can sleep peacefully and get the answer in the morning, free.

"What are the important problems of your field?" And after a week or so, "What important problems are you working on?" And after some more time I came in one day and said, "If what you are doing is not important, and if you don't think it is going to lead to something important, why are you working on it?

"It is a poor workman who blames his tools * the good man gets on with the job, given what he's got, and gets the best answer he can." And I suggest that by altering the problem, by looking at the thing differently, you can make a great deal of difference in your final productivity because you can either do it in such a fashion that people can indeed build on what you've done, or you can do it in such a fashion that the next person has to essentially duplicate again what you've done. It isn't just a matter of the job, it's the way you write the report, the way you write the paper, the whole attitude. It's just as easy to do a broad, general job as one very special case. And it's much more satisfying and rewarding!

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not - nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not - unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not - the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘press on’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

-Calvin Coolidge

Status
Not open for further replies.