Times Square

markus

Nov 5, 2006
49.288606,-123.116489
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HUYi9aVvI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - how to hack video screens on times square[/ame]

Hmmm. Times square, sporting events, so many possibilities...

edit:
reading comments at youtube, some say bs.

From youtube description...

the way it works is pretty simple: plug in my transmitter into the iphone 4 and play back any video clip. you can play it through the ipod feature or through the camera roll. the transmitter instantly sends the video signal to the video repeater and the video repeater overrides any video screen that it's being held next to. it doesn't matter what shape or size the hacked screen is because the hack video will simply keep its correct dimensions and the rest of the hacked space will stay black.

i chose times square for my demo because it has lots of video screens to try it on. it is also one of the most monitored and secured areas in new york city and that made it that much more fun :). you can see in my video that the repeater is pretty powerful but the signal is not very stable yet. i'm working on that. i will post a new video later this week explaining how i made this prototype.

Holy shit, thats freaking sweet as hell if its legit, which I have a hard time believing. If I could get my hands on one... I'm getting a seat next to the big screen at some sporting event.

This is the holy grain of marketing tools.. imagine planting a bunch of these that run on a wireless switch? I have mass takeovers in mind.. must have.. device..

Outputting video via the headphone jack...hmmmm

"With the removal of composite video from the headphone jack of all 2007 iPhones and iPods (a move explained below), Apple now sells two cable packages, both of which use the iPods' Dock Connector:"

calling BS

Got to be some sort of viral campaign. I know nothing of the tech, but it does smell like one of those sensationalist virals. God knows what it would be promoting though, but something does seem contrived as his friend stops filming him.

Agreed, they're hardwired fo sho.

So, does anyone think this guy has invented something that can basically ovveride the electrons going down the wires with his signal?

Nahhh.... Fake as a large-breasted Asian stripper!

This really looks cool but most probably it is fake.

I can't imagine any way how wireless signal can be stronger than wired signal. Maybe I am wrong, but there is something suspicious about it.

And adapter placed in headphone jack, wtf?