Time to get a Wii?

therookie

Cut to Black
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
EA to announce return of 'NBA Jam' - ESPN

When EA Sports community manager Alain Quinto tweeted back in December that EA execs were preparing to announce a new game, the rumors and speculation spiraled out of control. Was EA going to steal the WWE license from THQ? Is "MVP Baseball" coming back? Is a new sport like lacrosse finally going to break through with an NCAA-licensed game? To make it simple, no, no and no.

Instead, sources confirmed to ESPN that the new title is actually one of the all-time classics coming back to consoles as EA Sports has acquired the rights from the NBA to deliver an updated version of "NBA Jam" that will ship to retail exclusively for the Wii.

For those too young to remember, "NBA Jam" is a two-on-two basketball game that hit arcades back in 1993 and instantly took the video game industry by storm. The game (originally published by Midway) shattered all coin-op records, and still holds the mark for most money earned at a single location in one week.

Great...now I have to get one. I've been trying to talk myself out of it for months now. Crap.

Hell, my mom bought my dad one for Christmas...and he's 60 years old. But he's a golfer so he'll get off on the Tiger Woods game. I guess I may as well get one so I can kick his ass.

i hate the wii but i miss that game lol, It was tight!! Ahhh cant believe im considering buying one now lol.

Well its not the wii more of the games for it i dislike.

I used to be unstoppable with Shaq and Googliatta(sp) That little white boy could strip the ball like no one.

I bought the wife a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas. She is addicted to it. I HATE the thing! But, I will have to get NBA Jam

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!

5943884b.jpg

Im there. I even dug out my playstation2 last month and picked up a used copy of Jam at Gamestop for $7

I got the Wii for Super Mario Bros, and the fact that there is no way possible that I can pickup any game longer than 45minutes without getting board.

I need simple games, none of the first person shooter style things.