This post will pass unnoticed and not get a single reply.

Taraqil

Apr 17, 2008
Sweden.
Just a wish here. I live in europe, its not a federation. I see translated international landingpages that says (translated back) "Hi, I am GIRLSNAME and I live in CITY, REGION", where city and region ofc is matching my IP adress.

While it's totally natural in the states to say Christshrine, Texas, over here you just use the city name. Really. The regions are things you think about when you vote and what hospitals are open to you, that's it. It's almost like a government code that is very much not in vibe with the friendly-friendly chitty chatty that type of pages use. Ip-regions possibly belong in letterheads and "extended" adresses, never naturally in spoken language.

Now you know.

Yes I have seen this to on Irish landing pages. Doesn't seem natural the way we talk about were we are from.

I've always recommended affiliates to use different language behavior in adcopy to foreign markets because in the western world, there's a certain kind of slang and wording to description that only works best in the US.

I'll add to this. My location is Japan, yet the ads always show "white" girls in the photos. There is NO WAY there are that many horny white girls looking for "something something" in Japan (simply by logistics/odds - Japan is 98% Japanese), so you need to change up the photos according to GEO-IP as well.

This is applicable for most of Asia as well. And if you are going to target this area, make SURE you know the difference between Chinese and Japanese and Korean....putting in photos of "Asian looking" chicks is NOT going to help you.

I'll add to this. My location is Japan, yet the ads always show "white" girls in the photos. There is NO WAY there are that many horny white girls looking for "something something" in Japan (simply by logistics/odds - Japan is 98% Japanese), so you need to change up the photos according to GEO-IP as well.

This is applicable for most of Asia as well. And if you are going to target this area, make SURE you know the difference between Chinese and Japanese and Korean....putting in photos of "Asian looking" chicks is NOT going to help you.

Looks too complicated. Going to keep hitting that 2% demo, makes life easier.

Japanese-Chinese-Korean-Girls.jpg

I've also heard their vagina's are sideways, but I've yet to see for myself.