Thinking of moving into a hotel

samgeneric

Jul 26, 2009
Deerfield Beach, FL
So, one of my businesses is super high cashflow and very low margin. Huge credit card bills with the entire balance being paid off each month. Anyhow, I'm getting to the point where I think I could live in a hotel completely free on credit card points.

Should I engage in the grand experiment? Thoughts? Anyone want to join in on the fun?

Negotiate a discount from your supplier to pay via bank transfer? Surely they would pass some of the 2-3% saving onto you?

Do you like sleeping in someone elses bed every night? I've done it before for a while, but eventually you gotta get a pad of your own, and if you are ballin, why wouldnt you?

I did it for 3 months, granted in Thailand and Hong Kong. The thing is, after the novelty wears off, you begin to miss your everyday appliances. Perhaps if you can check into a 5 star hotel or a serviced apartment. It's also more fun if you can change hotels every week or so.

So, one of my businesses is super high cashflow and very low margin. Huge credit card bills with the entire balance being paid off each month. Anyhow, I'm getting to the point where I think I could live in a hotel completely free on credit card points.

Should I engage in the grand experiment? Thoughts? Anyone want to join in on the fun?

Yeah do IT. Why not?

Your thread title gave me a business idea. You know how high end condos have just concierge and no service like maid, food/room service, dry cleaning whatever, Open up a company that provides that service for condominium residents.

Fuck no! I'm in my 30s now.

Did that for about 6 months when I was like 21, but no way I'm doing that now. Was fun at the time though. Just fucking around Western Canada, hopping on the Greyhound whenever I got bored, making an ass out of myself in different cities. Good times.

Florida? Just buy a cheap house and cash in the points for Home Depot cards and use them to pay for improvements to build equity.

I've lived in a hotel for a few months before, when I was contracting. Never again.... it's great for the first week, then you work out that THEY SERVE THE SAME FUCKING MENU EVERY FUCKING WEEK, and you go insane.

You should try it, FL has hella babes with big tits, invite them over, and have a grand time. Once they are done robbing you and messing up the room, the maids in the morning will clean up after them. Thank me later.

I've lived in a hotel for a few months before, when I was contracting. Never again.... it's great for the first week, then you work out that THEY SERVE THE SAME FUCKING MENU EVERY FUCKING WEEK, and you go insane.

isnt that the same for homes? I mean how many different combos of meals can you possibly make? Just got to a different restaurant if you want something different. Same applies for hotels too ( perhaps even more).

This is something I would do if I was single again with no kids or cares.

I currently do the home depot card like Jizzlober said above, works out pretty nice getting appliances, landscaping, and tools. The cashiers have a fun time counting out and inputting those $50 cards when you have like 50 of them