Thinking about buying a 32" TV as a monitor. Bad idea?

If you do graphic work in photoshop, don't buy a tv for that. Otherwise it'll look fine.

One thing to concern yourself with is neck strain. If you're cranking your head left and right all day you'll feel it after a few hours. Big monitors are fun, until you try to use them for more than 5 hours.

i think two monitors would be better...asuming you dont already have the setup.
I am forced to work on just my laptop here on my travels. IT kinda blows.
Two monitors are the way to go.

Check these out on ebay. You order and it comes direct from South Korea. Here is a forum that talks about them. I got mine (actually a 30" Yamakasi, i paid $550) from that same dude about 6 months ago, and it's awesome. The S-IPS is basdass and I love the 16:10 widescreen on this 30" but those 27" are a fucking steal for $319 free ship. Never buy a TV to do a monitor's job.

I don't always like to be BALLS DEEP in my work, but when I do, I love to use my THIRTY INCHER.

Having a really huge screen as a monitor isn't as cool as it sounds. If you want more "screen space" just get dual or triple monitors.

Edit: Well I see viking would disagree with that... so I suppose YMMV. But I hooked my laptop up to a 42" TV once expecting it to be AWESOME and it wasn't that awesome.

Having a really huge screen as a monitor isn't as cool as it sounds.

Yeah, it is.

brazil-penis-snake-featured.jpg

Have a beastly graphic card prepped to to catch up with the TV resolution.

If the time you spend wathcing videos and movies is exponentioally more than one you dedicate on 3D modeling or image processing - answer is pretty clear.

Use more than one monitor. One small, one big. That's what I do.

I guess I am in the minority here, but I use a 52 inch Sharp LCD TV as my monitor. I do my work with this TV, play video games on Steam, and watch movies. I personally really enjoy working from my couch.

Dell has a 32" ultrasharp coming in the Q4 which should be really nice.

It should be noted that this will be a 4k monitor running at 3840 x 2160 and will probably be somewhere between $3k and $4k. Dell already has a 30" Ultrasharp at 2560 x 1600 res. Here's a good article on what hardware is required to drive a 4k for gaming.

Gaming At 4K With The Asus PQ321Q Monitor