The WickedFIRE Site Experiment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightHandMan

Investment Opportunity!
Jul 5, 2006
(because you asked for it)

Mods, Please Sticky...

HERE IT IS...From Conception to Inception, a combined effort!

The Domain: TheHardcopy.com (NSFW)

Current Condition: Recieves minimal traffic. What is visible is the remnants of a CMS I had purchased and diddnt like. I originally intended for the domain to be used to provide the "hard copy" on all current events. CNN does this as well as a whole slew of other news sites...too much competition.

The Purpose: To experiment and develop a sussessful site based on the suggestions and ideas of the WF forum members.

Set Goals: 3 Months: To be Self Sustaining financially, covering all bandwidth and server costs.

Information: All profits from the site will go towards the betterment of the site, and into the pockets of those who participate here in this thread and those that follow concerning it. Monies generated will pay first for the server and bandwidth, second into development costs(script purchases, design costs ect), the rest will go towards Thread contests here on WF. All information regarding the sites step by step pregression and development will be posted via a blog on the site at thehardcopy.com/wfblog. The Blog entries will be quoted here in this thread as well.

Example of Contests: Once the site is launched and running, Contests could feature the top three "money generating ideas" posted by participants and voted on by participants, getting cash prizes. Then the second part to that contest could include the implementation of those ideas on the site. The money generated from those ideas gets put into a pot and the idea that generatres the most money gets the pot! The potential is there.

The First Task: Forum Members publically decide what the sites niche market will be.

Because this is such a broad task, please post your suggestions here. I will put the top 3 "suggestions" in a poll and then it will be voted on. Timeframe for this task to be completed 36 hours.

** THIS PROJECT IS GOING TO LIVE OR DIE BY WF MEMBERS SUPPORT AND PARTICIPATION**

Lets Do This...

RightHandMan, I vote for anyone but you to be in charge of this. just who are you? why should we trust you?

chrislingle said:
RightHandMan, I vote for anyone but you to be in charge of this. just who are you? why should we trust you?

• Who Else are you going to get to run it?
  • Why dont you trust me?
  • What exactly would you need from me in order to "trust" me? A signed agreement between me and who?
  • What exactly is there not to trust???

chrislingle said:

He is asking for suggestions not money. You don't trust him enough to suggest a niche?

RightHandMan, I think that maybe you can turn it in to a website security site. Like, Make your site hard to copy. I'm not very good at this, but there is my first shot at it.

Jdog said:
He is asking for suggestions not money. You don't trust him enough to suggest a niche?

RightHandMan, I think that maybe you can turn it in to a website security site. Like, Make your site hard to copy. I'm not very good at this, but there is my first shot at it.
Thanks for your input.... and your right...lol.... IM NOT ASKING FOR MONEY.

--

Ill make all stats of whatever the forum wants available. Ill let you all pick the PPC Service, and put it under someone "who can be tusted" if your worried about me possibly pocketing money and running... its all up to you all...

What A wonderful start to this thread...

how bout a historical shrine to the ways of the old...like hard floppy disks...fuckkk yaahhh...:drinkup:

Uzzz said:
how bout a historical shrine to the ways of the old...like hard floppy disks...fuckkk yaahhh...:drinkup:

He wants it to be profitable.. not a loser.

Jon said:
He wants it to be profitable.. not a loser.

ohh im soo sorryyy i must have misread the question....so what would you recommend your great all mighty majestyyy:bowdown:

*please note sarcasm*...*also please note...noting is for tards...*

RightHand- for this to work you need to be overly transpartent. who is to say that once this is set you don't just walk away and make some good money on the work of others that is the problem, go beyond words show how this will work don't just tell us. if you can show that then you have something here that would be good but right now I feel like you are atempting to use us! that is all I am saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.