The Day The Dollar Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

First, US govt keeps on printing money (inflation). Second, Americans consume too much stuff that China gives US loans so that US can buy more import goods from them (trade deficit). Saddam Hussain wanted to sell his oil in Euro. The last time I checked, he was dead (right).

Didn't that have something to do with the US going to war in Iraq... something about them wanting to back their oil against Euros instead or some such?

yes....things aren't really looking that good in the US right now. low dollar value, mortgage problems, layoffs, etc....

First, US govt keeps on printing money (inflation).

Not true. Our inflation problems are not from the US printing more money... it's from the all the loan debt owed to banks, incurred by citizens and the government which is allowed by the Federal Reserve.

Not true. Our inflation problems are not from the US printing more money... it's from the all the loan debt owed to banks, incurred by citizens and the government which is allowed by the Federal Reserve.

That's true, but the term "printing money" has come to really just mean the expansion of credit and when you hear people talk about how lowering interest rates is equivalent to printing money they really just mean that lowering interest rates is making money cheaper and expanding credit. You clearly know what you're talking about and I'm not arguing with you I just thought that I would clarify it for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.