THE DARK KNIGHT RISES VILLAINS

vesper

Oct 14, 2010
NY
We all know that Mr. Nolan thinks outside his own custom taylor made box, but who will be the villain/s? Now that he said the riddler will be a no show!

good
riddler != jim carey = failure

The obvious guess is two face since thats how the last movie ended I'm going to make my official guess Mr. Freeze with all the hoopla about 3D and everyone's bored of the chick villians and considering Bane can't exactly hold a dialog.
Harley Quinn is still owed a revenge :) but can't have her without joker.

Croc would be fuckin epic but probably wouldn't be a main villain.

Hugo Strange FTW

250px-ModernHugoStrange.jpg

From the IMDB FAQ...

"The villain(s) are unknown at this time, but it has been stated that the Joker will not return. With Ra's Al Ghul and Two-Face both dead, this leaves Scarecrow the only potential returning villain.

As of now, it's been confirmed that Mr. Freeze, the Riddler, and the Penguin will not be included. Popular fan belief is that Catwoman or Black Mask will be included. However, that is purely speculation. It could be someone completely unexpected. The writers have said that they want to utilize a more unknown villain."

I guess too many fanboys would get pissed off if they actually make up a new villain, like maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a guy who invades your dreams and steals all your secrets.

Damn, a dark ass riddler would be perfect. I hear Nolan said penguin was off because he couldn't make him realistic.

I just watched both movies back to back and they really are awesome. Nolan once said he wanted to make his movies like Heat (another bad ass movie) where it is filmed in real streets as much as possible etc.

It brings the grit across and man, was he right.

Oh and BTW, making up a villain would suck. I vote for Freeze (who is a really complex villain) or Catwoman...

I think with all of the conspiracy hoopla going on right now that the Riddler would be a good bet.

Freeze is retarded. Penguin is retarded. Most of Batman's billboard opponents are flat-out retarded. Like right out of Dick Tracy.

But taking elements from those name-recognition opponents and bringing them into a character construct that's as close to a realistic viewpoint as possible could work.

A dark Riddler could be good if done right. Think a Riddler who's watched too many Saw movies.

Poison Ivy would be interesting, if she got away from the mystical crap where she controls plants.

He's already dealt with Scarecrow. Ra's al Ghul's daughter would be interesting. Someone interested in taking revenge on Batman.

I hope they don't go with the stupid Robin-type sidekick. Once they do that, the show's over.

Honestly, Batman doesn't need supervillains. People are bad enough, especially if they have a cause and the drive to take it further than they should.

We all know that Mr. Nolan thinks outside his own custom taylor made box, but who will be the villain/s? Now that he said the riddler will be a no show!

Well, wih the recent (somewhat) animated release of Batman: Under The Red Hood, I would love to see the Red Hood as a villain in the new Batman movie.

I actually started looking up old villains, to see which one would fit the Nolan realm and a couple stood out but he one that seems more sinister and apt to show up in this batman reality would be the Mad Hatter!

Looks like we got a woman villain getting cast.....dare I say it not..... CATWOMAN?

A dark Riddler could be good if done right. Think a Riddler who's watched too many Saw movies.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I think Zsasz may make an appearance this time around, possibly as a lead. He got a brief cameo in the first Nolan movie.