Tables In Wordpress

Grindstone

Sofa King Re: Tar Dead
May 13, 2008
North Idaho
Got some content that needs to be in table form to display correctly, installed the TinyMCE editor that has table capability but it doesn't really have the formatting options I need.

Other than building it in html and copy/pasting to source view, anybody got something that works well?

Thanks.

It's a wine list for a restaurant's website, pricing broken down bottle and glass under headers of regular price and discount price. Supplied in word, of course. :)

Guess I'll bust out DW.

After several attempts at trying to make these types of conversions, for now the simplest way to do this would be to do what you're probably already doing- building the table by hand.

If it were a lot bigger, you could do a series of find/replace and replace the old tags with new ones, but word/office type stuff puts span tags in every single cell that may or not be the same, so you would often need to use regex to do it.

After several attempts at trying to make these types of conversions, for now the simplest way to do this would be to do what you're probably already doing- building the table by hand.

If it were a lot bigger, you could do a series of find/replace and replace the old tags with new ones, but word/office type stuff puts span tags in every single cell that may or not be the same, so you would often need to use regex to do it.

Fuck span tags. Rebuilt the table by hand, took almost 2 hours. Total suck but whatever, I billed them for it. Don't use any word/ms file types myself so it really sucks when clients supply them.

@Jizz, not a bad idea, will try and see.