Super quick affilate question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim

Jan 15, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
www.webproleads.com
New to affiliate stuff. Trying to get going with Copeac. Here's my question:

Why can't you link to straight to the affiliate landing page from your ppc traffic? i.e. Instead of AdWords -> Mysite -> Aff. landing page, why not just send traffic straight to affiliate.com?ref=myID?

I guess I couldn't read anywhere on copeac that you CANT do that... but it seems all of their campaigns have banners/text ads whatever.

The search button helps.

But most of the time the affiliate companies don't care, it's the PPC companies like Adwords that don't let you send the traffic straight over.

New to affiliate stuff. Trying to get going with Copeac. Here's my question:

Why can't you link to straight to the affiliate landing page from your ppc traffic? i.e. Instead of AdWords -> Mysite -> Aff. landing page, why not just send traffic straight to affiliate.com?ref=myID?

I guess I couldn't read anywhere on copeac that you CANT do that... but it seems all of their campaigns have banners/text ads whatever.

you can market any offer either way. Most people use landing pages more for google quality score and to not duplicate on the display URL as both of those factors can limit the volume and increase the cost of your ad.

Quality score is a score google gives to your ad based on your website. You should research it on WF as i am not familiar with all the details but basically it needs to be content rich and related to the keywords youre buying.

Display URL is simple. If youre promoting Yahoo and and someone else is promoting Yahoo google will see it as the same ad twice and only show one of you.

Hope that helps you out

If you are not worried about the Quality Score, but don't want to get screwed for having the same display url, use your own domain/subdomain and do a simple header redirect:

header("location: http://www.cpaclicks.com/redirect.asp?a=affid&b=offerid&d=0&l=0&o={$subid}&p=0"):

If you are not worried about the Quality Score, but don't want to get screwed for having the same display url, use your own domain/subdomain and do a simple header redirect:

header("location: <A href="http://www.cpaclicks.com/redirect.asp?a=affid&b=offerid&d=0&l=0&o={$subid}&p=0"):[/quote">http://www.cpaclicks.com/redirect.asp?a=affid&b=offerid&d=0&l=0&o={$subid}&p=0"):

Dude, that doesn't help, you still end up having the same display URL, which has to reflect the domain of where your redirect ends up.

header("location: http://www.cpaclicks.com/redirect.asp?a=affid&b=offerid&d=0&l=0&o={$subid}&p=0"):

Bad Advice is worse than saying nothing.

you can market any offer either way. Most people use landing pages more for google quality score and to not duplicate on the display URL as both of those factors can limit the volume and increase the cost of your ad.

Quality score is a score google gives to your ad based on your website. You should research it on WF as i am not familiar with all the details but basically it needs to be content rich and related to the keywords youre buying.

Display URL is simple. If youre promoting Yahoo and and someone else is promoting Yahoo google will see it as the same ad twice and only show one of you.

Hope that helps you out
good answer, but I know that is not how you wanted to answer.

Okay, thanks for the responses. A quick follow-up question:

Can I embed the first piece of the landing page into my own page? For example, the typical route might be adwords -> my page -> Affiliate's Landing page, well... what if I included the first piece of the form (for CPA affiliates) in my landing page?

For instance I talk about the the greatness of the free nintendo wii program (or whatever), lots of on-page text, and the first part of the form as well. It's like combining my landing page and the affiliates landing page into one, on my domain. What's the policy on that?

Aim, take a look around the niche you are wanting to promote and see what others are doing to get some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.