Super-annoying "404 Page Not Found" error when saving Wordpress posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImagesAndWords

StayblCam.com
Nov 7, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
www.stayblcam.com
Wordpress on my blog has become a real pain in the ass lately. I've been slow to upgrade, so I've had 2.1 for a while. I figured my problem was because of this, so yesterday I upgraded to 2.7.

Nope, same thing:

When I'm writing/editing posts and go to save them as a draft, I often get this...

wtfwperror.png

I'm so sick and tired of this happening. I Google'd the problem a while back and didn't find much advice. The only thing that I did find is that this error can occur if the post text has certain special characters in it like "<" or ">".

If I then use the <code> tag around special characters, I can avoid the error.

BUT... this is now happening with normal text as well. It's to the point where I can hardly write any more on my drafts or save them.

If anyone has a clue on how I can solve this, please let me know. :)

Thanks!!

Sounds like the prob with mod_security.

"You need to whitelist certain files in your wp-admin area. Or, if you can, whitelist all of the files in wp-admin." Source can be found here

Reactions: ImagesAndWords
hmm I've been having ALOT of issues lately to with the 404 but I've had alot of other variables going on, new hosts, .htaccess issues...etc so I haven't been able to narrow it down. Wonder if this is the problem.

Thanks xdreamer, I bookmarked that link so I can point my host to it next time there's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.