Suggestions on Stupid Yoga Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

argh01

Little Member
Oct 16, 2007
www.abuckanight.com
Obviously I've been here for over a year; my domain registrations are coming around.

I've mentioned this site previously, and it's not really in one of my primary niches.

Yoga Information for Beginners

Y'all helped me move it from ugly and unprofessional to a higher level, and I've learned to add sitemaps, contact us, about us and other supporting pages. This site has still not generated enough to pay for the domain.

I've paid some of our buying-and-selling people's link services for links to this site ( nothing shows up in google's link:(domain name) though ). (It was the cheapest version of their service ).

I like the domain name, it's got a keyword and it's a dot-com, and it's not hyphenated. However, it's just not moving.

What do you think I should do with it?
1) more heavily promote it.
2) add ebay listings to some of the "products you need" pages
3) let it die.
4) pay for another year of domain registration, thinking that one sale could cover both years of registration and leave it alone.
5) pay for another year of domain registration and turn around and sell the site for $30 or so to recoup the lost money and time I've spent on this site?

@knukk

Well, basically it was one of my first forays into "made for adsense" sorts of sites. My goals? To make buckets of cash!

I made this site a year ago when I still believed in "passive income" :)

The site and subject matter have potential, I think. But are you getting any traffic? I'm guessing not.
Go for 1) until you have a hundred uniques a day, then start thinking about a redesign, ad density, placement, ebay etc. First things first - getting traffic must be the first priority for SEO.

Don't pay for links or directory submissions. Do everything yourself for this site, which I have to assume is your first SEO effort.
Look at this site as a learning opportunity, and keep at it until you have made back everything you've spent on the site. Persistence and patience are pretty important in SEO.

(Having said that, here are a few obvious notes for immediate action:
  • If this is a made-for-Adsense site, it has the lowest ad density I've ever seen - you have one banner at the bottom of the page. Put more Adsense on there, and much more visibly.
  • DO NOT link to Wikipedia. If the visitor clicks that link, he's gone forever. You have not made this site as a service to the visitor - you have made it to get his money. Never forget that.
  • The same goes for Amazon links. How much do they pay these days, like one percent?)
Good luck, and keep us posted.

What you can also do is signup for a Commission Junction account and throw up some products from there.

You have a "What you Need" section, so why not try and make a few sales from items that you have placed on your site?

Status
Not open for further replies.