Suggestions On A New Computer?

ItsYoBuddy

Rise And Grind!
Apr 6, 2008
Philly
I need some computer suggestions. My current PC is a Dell and about 6 years old and its pretty much not reliable anymore.

I have a macbook pro so I rather get a PC because I like using both. Should I buy parts and try and build it on my own or should I just buy one built? If I build my own, is it pretty easy to do? I might buy a monitor too so if you have suggestions on a monitor and a desktop and where to buy from.

I don't want anything fancy because I don't think ill be playing any games on there at all, was never much of a PC gamer. But I do like making music but I don't think ill need anything too much for that. I remember a couple years ago my friend got me a list of parts from newegg that cost around $800 and it was legit.

When I was younger I used to know everything about computers and built my first one in like 7th grade or something. Ever since high school I lost interest in computer parts and building computers so I dont know anything about building them anymore. I have no clue what are good parts and whats better then the next.

tl;dr - need suggestions for new PC, nothing fancy.

build it yourself. do the research, spend the time it takes to come up with a good build at newegg or somewhere else, and save yourself a lot of money.

Build it yourself, way more fun. Your comp is six years old? I try and get a new one every couple years.

If you aren't experienced with building computers then I recommend either using someone else's build or getting one of Newegg's DIY kits- it's easy to buy incompatible parts if you don't know what you're doing, pay special attention to the mobo and what components work with it.

But no matter what, you should absolutely put it together yourself- you end up dropping a few hundred extra dollars just for a few tightened screws if you buy it pre-built.

I agree with Kyle get a bundle from New Egg if your not looking to deal with what components go with what.

So these DIY kits have everything they need, right? I don't need to buy anything extra to get it working? I just need to put the parts together and buy Windows XP? and obviously they don't included monitor/keyboard/mouse. But I might need to add like a CD burner, right?

*edit: nvm on the CD burner, some of them include in the package and some don't.

I was looking at the list my friend gave me from may 2009 and none of the newegg links work lol

So these DIY kits have everything they need, right? I don't need to buy anything extra to get it working? I just need to put the parts together and buy Windows XP? and obviously they don't included monitor/keyboard/mouse. But I might need to add like a CD burner, right?

I was looking at the list my friend gave me from may 2009 and none of the newegg links work lol

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

The DIY kits list all the parts included and you can look at their individual product pages. I like them because you get a discount when you buy the bundle, so you save more money on top of saving money by building it yourself.

Do your research, don't just buy on a whim and make sure the components were made by a quality manufacturer.

ugh i hate it when ppl are like "should i get a dell or a compaq"

stfu look at the components, manufacturer of components, price and bingo or build it like a man. shit is so modular you can build a comp in under 10 minutes.

ugh i hate it when ppl are like "should i get a dell or a compaq"

stfu look at the components, manufacturer of components, price and bingo or build it like a man. shit is so modular you can build a comp in under 10 minutes.

lol the most mad. Never asked what brand to get.

Guide.png

Reactions: qualo