Suggestions for managing a local SEO project?

Sharksfan

May 28, 2009
WI
I have a local SEO project going on.

I'm using Auction2Post to put up content for a used car site. It's close to ranking #1 for a medium sized town (150,000 people). There are probably 10 major car dealerships and a number of smaller ones.

Now that the site is close to ranking #1 the plan is to send a letter (and follow up with a call) to every car dealership in town giving them unlimited postings for $ per month. I may also offer a "premium" service where the entire site can be rented for a fixed rate by one dealership.

Advice on pricing would be appreciated but the logistics of actually handling the site are my biggest issue. It's Wordpress so I was thinking I'd just make an author login for each person. I do NOT want to assume people will actually get their listings right though. I think Wordpress might be confusing to a lot of people, especially with embedded images etc.

Doing the posting myself is not an option - I don't want to be bogged down in admin crap. If I have to I'll outsource it.

Suggestions for handling the actual posting?

Make user accounts on your blog for them. Make a video showing them how to do it.

Then wonder why no one posts on your blog and you don't have any repeat business :)

They don't have time to do the posting. Every other advertising agency they work with lays out their ads, takes pictures, etc...

They might have an 'internet' salesmen on staff if they are big enough to do it - but if it's a smaller market they may not.

I work in the car biz and they DEF dont have time> Most owners and companies dont want to meddle with this shit. Big dealers have an internet dept but all they do is handle quotes and online request etc. The dealers want leads- your job is to get either A) a site that ranks for their makes/models + local city etc...then either sell them leads or redirect your ranked page to their lead form/quote page. If your sticking to building a directory, you can try and sell them a directory listing but really...how many leads are they gonna get? its all about value.. Directories for small dealers/wholesalers might work short term..until they realize they arent getting shit for it..