Stream pc sound to receiver (mac)

capone2009

May 31, 2009
GER
I need a program that can stream the whole pc sound (so sound from things happening in Firefox) to my audio receiver (dlna) Onkyo TX-NR414.

Actually just ordered the receiver and now realized that jamcast that I wanted to use only works on Windows (i don't want to use a parallels setup). Airfoil only seems to work with airplay devices and the onkyo does not support this.

Anyone who has figured this out? I basically want to use the receiver to play my TV sound and stream my grooveshark music from my macbook. I think I saw a program that works on mac but I forgot the name.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-UBT-1-Bluetooth-USB-Adapter/dp/B008CX2A2I/ref=pd_sim_e_4]Amazon.com: Onkyo UBT-1 Bluetooth USB Adapter: Computers & Accessories[/ame] Should do it I think?

Okay thanks, this could be the option to go with, although the network function of the receiver would be pretty useless then and the range would probably suck.

That wouldn't stream the sound from e.g. youtube videos, I forgot those. Thanks for the suggestion though. I guess I will add the bluetooth dongle.

Get an Apple TV, hook it up to your receiver, stream through that.

I'm actually getting apple tv (when do they finally release the new hardware?..) but then I would have to turn on the tv to play music which is also not the ideal option.

I'm actually getting apple tv (when do they finally release the new hardware?..) but then I would have to turn on the tv to play music which is also not the ideal option.

Not sure what to tell you, you only have so many options. I just leave my ATV on all the time.