Strategic Relocation (Best Book Ever)

BeerNuts

Sep 4, 2008
www.beermonies.com
This christmas my step father who is like minded like most of us bought me the best book I have ever seen. It called Strategic Relocation - North American Guide to Safe Places by Joel M Skousen.

Here it is on amazon [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1568612621/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=loghomcom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1568612621]Amazon.com: Strategic Relocation--North American Guide to Safe Places, 3rd Edition (9781568612621): Joel M. Skousen, Andrew Skousen, Audrey Butler, Elizabeth Lindsey: Books[/ame] the author sells it in the buying options under "joelskousendesigns" also a guy with prime in there.

This book is freaking amazing. It breaks down every state and ranks them based on chance of disaster/freedoms. It lists, active volcanos, possible nuke targets, possible secondary targets, taxes, gun laws, home school laws, crime, cost of living, air pollution, population density, and way more stuff to list. I mean everything you ever wanted to know about a area it covers. I was looking at moving out of Florida this year and this book has been insanely helpful.

It briefly covers sections of the world (south east asia etc) and gives their thoughts on them, it then covers provinces of canada, then each state gets ranked and broken down.

Its the perfect book for anyone that has ever considered a "bug out" plan, or wanted to move to a state for more freedoms. Even if you just wanted to know the cost of living, taxes, or housing prices for a area it nails it.

Reactions: cheshire

Looks like the first edition was in 2006, Ive got the 3rd edition from 2011. So hes not milking it for as much as he could, but you are also probably limited by census data.

Wow you guys are crazy for at least not checking it out. The damn thing has more info than the CIA World Fact Book for every state. Hurricane zones, tornado zones, earthquake, volcanos all kinds of shit.

thanks for the suggestion! i'm thinking of moving as well so this should help.

I once moved to Denmark simply because:

A) there was a hot Danish chick presenter on MTV (this was in the 80s)
B) I thought it was cool that they had the letter ø

Ended up spending a couple of years there, on and off. inb4 coolstarrybra.jpg

Nice recommendation. I've been looking for info like this the manual way and it's a pain in the ass. Care to share the top picks so us lazy folks can glean a bit of info without having to do any work? :)

More than likely not going to read this book but curious about the best place to move if running from the law for lets just say murder?

Yes I have third edition of the Strategic Relocation that is basically a guide to North America. It is available at Amazon.com only for $99.99 and if you are seeking for the used version of this book that you can get in only $42.00. It provides enough knowledge about your choice of North America for living purposes. It provides the detailed overview of New Zealand, Asia and Canada as well. But the perception of the writer about Asia is basically a little bit different rather the real picture. But on the whole it can be considered one of the best guide books about the relocations.