Strange duplicate search keywords from different IPs

datzFdup

Mar 4, 2010
OK, I've been getting this quite a bit, and I haven't been able to figure it out.

My first PPC campaign, set up LP, using Yahoo search, looking at click throughs with T202 and what keywords are being used.

In the last hour or so, I get clicks from three searches on "Goodrich V. Department Of Public Health" from three different IPs in three different states. (turns out I have a "public health" keyword in there, which I have now deleted.)

This has happen several times with other equally bizarre but exactly the same search keywords, each with a period of time and from different IPs from different states.

Seems very weird.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

It sounds odd, but a quick Google search for "Goodrich V. Department Of Public Health" yields results dealing with same-sex marriage, which has been in the news a lot this past week.

I didn't see any ads on that search, suggesting that no one else was targeting the keyword. If you were set to broad match, yours was likely the only ad that showed up. With enough volume for the search phrase, eventually 3 people clicked on it.

@datzFDup

yes that does sound a bit wierd. I got the same results when i tried too. hope someone has a better idea on this.