Strange Adsense Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

transistor

Sep 30, 2007
I'm reposting this from the traffic & content subforum because I didn't get any replies and this is still driving me crazy...

So I have a blog-like website where I'd post widget games from widgetbox.com. Above the widget, I had a small block of adsense ads. I had been doing this for a couple months and was making over $100/day. About 6 days ago, widgetbox.com deleted my "subscriptions" to the various widgets because the owner complained that I was using too much of his bandwidth. So I ended up getting rid of the widgetbox widgets and hosted the flash games on my own server. Since I did that, my adsense revenue has plummeted. My click thru rate dropped by 50% and my average cost per click went from 65 cents to 21 cents. When I graph my earnings, there is a very obvious drop the day after I made the changes, and it has stayed at that low level since then.

The only thing I can think of is that once in a while, maybe the widgetbox widget didn't load, so the user clicked on the ad trying to find the game, but I can't imagine them not loading as I checked on them regularly...

Is there any way that having the widgetbox embed code could have influenced that ads that I served? Because if that's the case, I'll just make my own widgets...

I'm reposting this from the traffic & content subforum because I didn't get any replies and this is still driving me crazy...

So I have a blog-like website where I'd post widget games from widgetbox.com. Above the widget, I had a small block of adsense ads. I had been doing this for a couple months and was making over $100/day. About 6 days ago, widgetbox.com deleted my "subscriptions" to the various widgets because the owner complained that I was using too much of his bandwidth. So I ended up getting rid of the widgetbox widgets and hosted the flash games on my own server. Since I did that, my adsense revenue has plummeted. My click thru rate dropped by 50% and my average cost per click went from 65 cents to 21 cents. When I graph my earnings, there is a very obvious drop the day after I made the changes, and it has stayed at that low level since then.

The only thing I can think of is that once in a while, maybe the widgetbox widget didn't load, so the user clicked on the ad trying to find the game, but I can't imagine them not loading as I checked on them regularly...

Is there any way that having the widgetbox embed code could have influenced that ads that I served? Because if that's the case, I'll just make my own widgets...

It really doesn't make any sense the only thing that would make sense is what you already said about it not loading. If you want to be more sure you can always well put a flash game up that never loads or take it the games on the page down for a day and test to see if that converts better for you. Sucks for your visitors though :)

I'm thinking about adding a 5-10 second delay before my game loads to see if it has the same effect

Status
Not open for further replies.