Stocks & Options

johnjassa

Mar 19, 2010
Any of you guys trade options?

If so, what sites do you use?

I currently use optionmonster.. wana see what resources u guys use

I was trading just stocks but now am venturing off into options

tradestation is good. interactive brokers too. i use optionsxpress for my IRA stuff and investments. think or swim is good i've been using that to trade options and currency for the last 2 years.

^^
Think or Swim has excellent options tools. Not the cheapest commissions, but still competitive.

Interactive Brokers has more features for global trading. Very low commissions. Platform is less user friendly than TOS.

i recently signed up with thinkorswim but they failed to ACH my savings account (it reversed on their side, never showed up at my bank.. info is correct, funds other brokerages fine) that i tried to fund from.. and then i got a series of emails saying that my account has negative equity. i logged in with the software and it shows $0.00. i'm too lazy to call and sort their fail, so i'll continue to leech the free features of their software i guess whilst trading at other places.

they did fedex me a monkey though.

for options only, i'd start with TOS for the tools, and despite the higher commissions.

For more structured/multiple underlyings positions, tradestation remains best in class imo. IB if you can compute everything with third parties tools.

I still have a TS2000 at home (don't shoot, that's an old PC), still amazes me after all these years.

(disclaimer: I trade Eurex futs, Bobl and Schatz mostly, i just happen to share my days with a couple of options traders)

I would need a long and audited track record to judge his advisory service. However...

a) the catchphrase "A Conservative Stock Options Trading Strategy Designed To Never Lose Money" is a smoking gun for any seasonned professional. He then links it to his "tip Nr 6", where he admits having losing month occasionally. oh really?

b)he sells his tips to non-pro, individuals investors, but promotes, in the "Stock Options Trading idea Of The Week" (homepage) the exotic butterfly spread, which is advanced enough to make me say confidently that it doesn't fit the profile and risk appetite of his targets.

--> save some bucks, get "Options Volatility & Pricing", Sheldon Natenberg.

options are a zero sum game, but basically it is not significant, as most hedgers actually often hope they will lose on the option (and win on the principal)

forex isn't. but forex is a complicated beast, it is not a centralized market, but a collection of them. Futures on currencies can be seen as zsg

I would need a long and audited track record to judge his advisory service. However...

a) the catchphrase "A Conservative Stock Options Trading Strategy Designed To Never Lose Money" is a smoking gun for any seasonned professional. He then links it to his "tip Nr 6", where he admits having losing month occasionally. oh really?

b)he sells his tips to non-pro, individuals investors, but promotes, in the "Stock Options Trading idea Of The Week" (homepage) the exotic butterfly spread, which is advanced enough to make me say confidently that it doesn't fit the profile and risk appetite of his targets.

--> save some bucks, get "Options Volatility & Pricing", Sheldon Natenberg.

At least read his book before passing judgment.

i recently signed up with thinkorswim but they failed to ACH my savings account (it reversed on their side, never showed up at my bank.. info is correct, funds other brokerages fine) that i tried to fund from.. and then i got a series of emails saying that my account has negative equity. i logged in with the software and it shows $0.00. i'm too lazy to call and sort their fail, so i'll continue to leech the free features of their software i guess whilst trading at other places.

they did fedex me a monkey though.

I NEVER GOT A MONKEY WTF!