Steve Jobs Taking New Medical Leave of Absence

Kroisos

Jan 27, 2009
Germany
Steve Jobs Taking New Medical Leave of Absence - Mac Rumors
Apple CEO Steve Jobs today sent the following email to all Apple employees:

Team,

At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple's day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.

Steve
This doesn't sound good. Let's hope for the best.

Let it bottom out. Buy and hold. Gamble that the company is stronger than one man. But damn, its hard to forget Apple in '98 =/

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/01/17/steve-jobs-taking-new-medical-leave-of-absence/ said:
Update: The New York Times reports on a source claiming that Jobs has been suffering from "ups and downs" typical of those dealing with immune system issues related to liver transplants, but that Jobs had recently scaled back his activities at Apple as one of those down cycles began in recent weeks.Mr. Jobs suffers from immune system issues common with people who have received liver transplants and, as a result, his health suffers from frequent "ups and downs," according to a person with knowledge of the situation, who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss it.

In recent weeks, Mr. Jobs began a down cycle and slowed his activities at Apple, the person said. Mr. Jobs has been coming to the office about two days a week, and appeared increasingly emaciated, the person said. He frequently lunched in his office, rather than in the company cafeteria, the person said.

This doesn't sound as bad as it could, I guess. At least no pancreatic cancer again? But one never knows with Apple/Steve Jobs.

Eric Schmidt taking his place... NOT!

Eric Schmidt Excuses Himself from an Apple Meeting | The Church Of Apple

Some nincompoops (who have the audacity to call themselves WallStreet analysts) started spreading vile rumors about him replacing Steve Jobs who’s currently on his 3rd medical leave (our prayers are with you, we wish you get well soon).
What they forgot is that Eric Schmidt got 100 million in stock awards and plenty of vested interest in Google. We don’t want this fox in our midst, he is not to be trusted. Not to mention the past. When he had to step outside of Apple board meetings when the topic of smart phones came up!

How come no one knows what's ailing the man? I'm surprised he's managed to keep it so under wraps.