SpyProxy - Build your own list of private proxies + 300+ more! PERFECT FOR SCRAPEBOX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatmasta

Jan 7, 2007
NYC
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
:xomunch: SpyProxy :xomunch:
Build your own private stash of working proxies,
no programming or dedicated servers necessary.

Plus: access to an exclusive list of high quality proxies.

Today I am releasing what began as a weekend project but quickly turned into something much more. SpyProxy was originally meant to just be an exclusive proxy list, but there are dozens of those out there. So I put a different spin on it. Let's get to the benefits . . .

• BUILD YOUR OWN PRIVATE STASH OF FRESH, WORKING PROXIES. Let SpyProxy do the work for you. Upload a list of URLs with proxies on them and SpyProxy will throw scrape them all and throw the proxies into its database for frequent testing. The thing is... live proxies will be shown to you and NOBODY ELSE! It really is your own private stash, backed by SpyProxy's frequent and high caliber testing.

• ACCESS SPYPROXY'S EXCLUSIVE LIST OF HIGH QUALITY PROXIES. Currently the average is 300-400 live proxies at a time. As of this writing, 204 have been live for over 50% of the tests, and most of these have been in the system for more than a month. SpyProxy enforces a timeout of 5 seconds. If a proxy takes any longer to load the test page, it doesn't make the cut.

• USE PROXIES THAT AREN'T SATURATED WITH A THOUSAND RUSSIAN SPAMMERS. SpyProxy scrapes from private proxy lists (which I am paying for) and proxy lists with encrypted code. Rest assured that the Russian's blind scraper bots aren't picking up these proxies. And long after a proxy disappears from public sites, SpyProxy continues to check it. Currently there are over 80,000 proxies in the system.

• A DEAD SIMPLE API EVEN SHOEMONEY COULD USE. SpyProxy does everything for you and even serves your proxies fresh on a silver platter to your scraping scripts. Just copy and paste the API link from your "View Proxies" page and make a call to file(). Filter it however you want. It's powerful and flexible.

• IT REALLY IS EXCLUSIVE. This started out as a personal project and I will be happy not to expand too far beyond that. I just want to pay for the server costs and make a little profit. So for that reason, I am only allowing 30 signups. As long as the list continues to grow (I will be adding more and more sources), maybe I will open it up for more. But for now... get it while it's hot.
WHAT IT'S GREAT FOR

In short: scraping and light posting (i.e. no complicated 10 step login, navigate, post, scrape, logout processes - if you want that you are better off investing in your own proxies). This is PERFECT for ScrapeBox. No longer do you have to spend all that time hunting down proxies. Rest easy knowing that every proxy on your list is well tested and in working order.

WHAT IT'S NOT FOR

High bandwidth posting and mailing. If you are going to post a bunch of youtube videos with these proxies, FUCK OFF. I don't want you compromising the integrity of the list with your $20/day eWhoring. Go invest in some private proxies.

DON'T BELIEVE ME? TRY IT YOURSELF . . .

>>> http://www.spyproxy.com <<<

On the home page are 100% live stats and a link you can press to load Google (ncr defaults to US google) with a random proxy. Sometimes it loads in a second, sometimes in five, sometimes the proxy happens to be down. But for the most part it works VERY well. I promise you will like what you get.

PRICING AND SIGNUP

Price is $20 a month. But for you, WickedFire, it is $15/month.Just use coupon code asshat at checkout. That's less than 50 cents a day - a very worthwhile investment for a nice stash of proxies, I'd say.

THIS PRICE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Fuck, if you guys like the service, it may rise to $40. Who knows. But sign up now and you will have it forever.

Payment is a PayPal subscription, all handled by the membership system.

Terms

I reserve the right to kick you the fuck off (I will refund your month's money). The only time I would do this is if you are obviously abusing the system. Asking it to scrape hundreds of URLs (totally unnecessary - the current stable list of hundreds of live proxies comes from less than 20 URLs) will get you booted. Your $15 a month is not worth compromising the network for everybody else and it is not worth buying more servers just for your sorry ass.

Oh, forgot to mention.

Giving 3 review copies to 500+ posts and 20+ iTrader. Reviewers will get first month free.

Review:

chatmasta offered me a review of spyproxy. During the test I used the proxies for scraping serps.

First off the api for this service is very handy, you can just paste your url into any program that scrapes and uses proxies such as scrapebox, proxyfinder etc. This is also a nice touch for working it into custom bots.

I code in python and getting the proxies into my application was as easy as
import urllib
proxies = urllib.urlopen('http://www.spyproxy.com/api/?key=apikeyhere&lineout=ip:port').readlines()

There are a lot of other options you can use to specify your proxies such as geoip, anonymity, %live etv. I didn't use these features for the review but at the time I checked there were 15 US proxies in the list and 3 GB.

I loaded the proxies into scrapox and the sbox harvester returned ~40-50 proxies that worked. Tried scraping Google and none of the proxies were banned from either yahoo or G yet, nice.

I didn't use the proxies for any POST queries so not sure how they would hold up. For the price if chatmasta can keep a high number of working proxies in this at all times its a steal.

Forgive the newbie-esque question here; but how does this help to use with proxyfinder? Wouldn't the two services be in competition?

Sounds like good stuff... Waiting for more reviews though, not because I don't trust chatmasta, but because I'm no wiz with proxies and have little idea if this is right for my needs yet...

Forgive the newbie-esque question here; but how does this help to use with proxyfinder? Wouldn't the two services be in competition?

Yes this and proxy finder are pretty similar. You could add this to the proxy finder sources if you were already using proxyfinder, or spyproxy could be used as a proxy finder replacement as you can also enter your own urls to scrape. I was just trying to give an example of how the api works and you are right the two services are in competition but could also be used together.

Don't know much about proxyfinder, but...

1) If it finds URLs for you, you can then give those URLs to spyproxy

2) Proxyfinder is on your own server and takes up a lot of resources. This is not on your own server.

Thanks for the review gutterseo.

TWO MORE REVIEW COPIES AVAILABLE

Since only one reviewer actually posted a review, I'm offering two more review copies to the first (legitimate) people to claim one. I'll give you one free month. Just signup (don't pay) and PM me your email.

SpyProxy <--- Signup link

P.S. Currently scanning 150,000 proxies, with 465 live right now.

I'm the one the dicks that has yet to leave a review, so, first off, I apologize for the delay.

My review is based purely on the shared proxies in SpyProxy. By shared, I mean the ones that everyone on SpyProxy has access to. The reason being is because I briefly flirted with inputing my own sources, but ran into a slight error. Basically, I was inputting a few sources that SpyProxy already scrapes from, so it was finding all duplicate proxies. It wasn't telling me these were duplicate sources, it was just returning no proxies. After a PM or two, chatmasta explained that I was most likely inputting duplicate sources. I understood, but a nice message in the control panel telling me I was inputting dupe sources would've been nice. I'm an idiot, so having a message telling me I'm an idiot for entering dupe sources saves me a bit of time.

So because I'm lazy and didn't feel like searching for my own sources to put into SpyProxy I only used the shared proxies. The shared proxies were plenty for me. I didn't have any problems with them. They are constantly updated. Every now and then I ran into some that had questionable speed, but it wasn't a big problem. I used them in Scrapebox. I used them with Ranktracker. I used them with all my programs that require proxies. The beauty of it is that I can login and have a nice proxy list that I can just copy and paste into any program I want. If I ever code anything serious, I'll be sure to put the API key to good use. I'm also going to get a little more serious with adding my own proxy sources just in case the shared proxies go in the shitter every now and then.

tl;dr - if you are looking for a proxy list that is constantly updated and always there when you need it sign up for SpyProxy

Just renewed my membership. Thanks for giving me a review copy and once again, I apologize for being an asshat and delaying the review so long.

I'm the one the dicks that has yet to leave a review, so, first off, I apologize for the delay.

My review is based purely on the shared proxies in SpyProxy. By shared, I mean the ones that everyone on SpyProxy has access to. The reason being is because I briefly flirted with inputing my own sources, but ran into a slight error. Basically, I was inputting a few sources that SpyProxy already scrapes from, so it was finding all duplicate proxies. It wasn't telling me these were duplicate sources, it was just returning no proxies. After a PM or two, chatmasta explained that I was most likely inputting duplicate sources. I understood, but a nice message in the control panel telling me I was inputting dupe sources would've been nice. I'm an idiot, so having a message telling me I'm an idiot for entering dupe sources saves me a bit of time.

So because I'm lazy and didn't feel like searching for my own sources to put into SpyProxy I only used the shared proxies. The shared proxies were plenty for me. I didn't have any problems with them. They are constantly updated. Every now and then I ran into some that had questionable speed, but it wasn't a big problem. I used them in Scrapebox. I used them with Ranktracker. I used them with all my programs that require proxies. The beauty of it is that I can login and have a nice proxy list that I can just copy and paste into any program I want. If I ever code anything serious, I'll be sure to put the API key to good use. I'm also going to get a little more serious with adding my own proxy sources just in case the shared proxies go in the shitter every now and then.

tl;dr - if you are looking for a proxy list that is constantly updated and always there when you need it sign up for SpyProxy

Just renewed my membership. Thanks for giving me a review copy and once again, I apologize for being an asshat and delaying the review so long.

Great thanks for this review. Will be ordering once my proxy subscriptions are expired. Its nice to have a new list every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.