Sony sueing German Hacker for hacking the PS3

SCEE Sues Graf_Chokolo For 1 Million Euros And He is Still Hacking - PS3Crunch

Sony digging their grave online :x

1.000.000 EUR is quiet a lot. Best is the guy doesn´t care at all :D

The signs of the Apocalypse:
Microsoft supporting hacking their gaming console, while Sony is trying to sue someone that does.

The guy is drumming up more exposure for Sony products doing what he does and Sony is trying to stop him. I thought Sony was in this to make money. I guess they'd rather waste it trying to silence someone helping them over copyright infringement than letting him continue to customize what he bought and tell others how to so that the movement spreads and the PS3 becomes more widely used and increase their user base.

It's really sad when Microsoft understands that concept and Sony doesn't.

Well dono if it is sad. I think its a step in the right direction. No matter if it is MS or another company supporting such developments :p

Good move by Sony. Publicity is good. Every console gets hacked but not everyone gets sued for hacking one.

Sony should be begging him to work for them.

That's what I was gonna say. Why sue? Hire him to help find any problems. This way they can fix everything and make it even more secure. Suing him will not help anything and it won't stop other hackers from doing the same thing.

Yup i am totally agree. sony need to hire this "genius" to prevent other "genius" from stealing from them.

Corporations just like to swing their hammer around sometimes, doesn't matter if it makes sense or if they actually hit anything with it. Maybe someone up the chain was more ass wounded than usual.

^ This, I never got why corporations were so unwilling to bring these people onboard. Even if just as a outsourced hand to help find holes it would be in their best interest.

what makes you think he even wants to work for them?

i always thought people like him were part of the whole 'everyone should have access to everything, free information, open source etc etc' movement. why would he want to sell out to corporate america?

what makes you think he even wants to work for them?

i always thought people like him were part of the whole 'everyone should have access to everything, free information, open source etc etc' movement. why would he want to sell out to corporate america?

Did you even read the article? He obviously enjoys what he does. Who says he won't sell out for XXX,XXX a year?