Someone please teach me

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanNicol

Serenity Now
Jun 24, 2006
I have an opportunity to promote a simulcast with 5 of the top business leaders on Nov 15, 2006. This will be a 6 hour simulcast that is being sold to corporations for $100 per person. My task is to investigate if internet marketing/affiliate marketing will be effective in providing leads to the sales team.

So I need some help - Do you think that this could be effectively setup as a lead based affiliate marketing opportunity? If so, I need someone to teach me how to set it up.

I do not see many B2B lead programs. Is their a reason for this?

What amount of $ per lead would be attractive to affiliates or would they want a piece of the completed sale?

Thank you in advance.

Please hit me up in PM or on this thread.

-Dan

DanNicol said:
I have an opportunity to promote a simulcast with 5 of the top business leaders on Nov 15, 2006. This will be a 6 hour simulcast that is being sold to corporations for $100 per person. My task is to investigate if internet marketing/affiliate marketing will be effective in providing leads to the sales team.
That's a short time frame, but I'm sure it can be done. First, who are the business leaders? What are their industries? If it's Jack Welch, Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, Steve Forbes, and Bill Gates, then I suppose industry isn't as big a deal since their all household names. If your leaders are well known within one field but not generally known by the public then it is more important to target a particular segment.

Also, why is it a per head charge? If it is simulcast, you could get a company of say 1000 people and 50 execs that pay for one person and just play on the big screen in a conference room. It would seem more logical to charge per company (one flat fee) or by company size, small 50 employees or less, medium 50 to 500 employees and large 501 employees or more.

DanNicol said:
So I need some help - Do you think that this could be effectively setup as a lead based affiliate marketing opportunity? If so, I need someone to teach me how to set it up.
Yes, but I think that it would have to be with an established affiliate martketer that can hit the ground running. Because of the limited timeframe and narrow focus of the client, I don't believe it would be a program that would interest many potential affiliates.

DanNicol said:
What amount of $ per lead would be attractive to affiliates or would they want a piece of the completed sale?
This depends on the affiliate. I may prefer to take a cut, whereas "Bob" wants a flat rate per head.

My recommendations:
  1. Ask some of the well known affiliate marketers their opinions and if they see potential in your product
  2. If you're not having luck there, contact some of the affiliate managers. They all have super affiliates that they could approach with an offer (if the price is right)
  3. Advertise the hell out of it through press releases, PPC on B2B sites
  4. Find sites that are part of your target audience and approach them about advertising on their site directly. Banner ads, text ads, whatever
  5. Read more WickedFire. Ton's of great ideas on this forum. Mine just scratch the surface

DanNicol said:

I do not see many B2B lead programs. Is their a reason for this?

Thank you in advance.

Please hit me up in PM or on this thread.

-Dan
I think 6 hours is adequate and I think the reason for B2B lead programs is a bit too hard to succeed in, I mean business-to-business would need one business to have a ton of representatives on their end and it would take up a lot of time and manpower...

Status
Not open for further replies.