Some Design Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerxs

Jun 24, 2006
North East PA
I had huge plans for this domain, but I fucked around with it to long and have made it my own personal dump for basically whatever the hell I feel like dumping there. Its actually become the highlight of my day, posting senseless shit to my personal blog:)

Im sort of stuck on the design though, I started with a whore template then stripped it down a bit added some personal touches, but Ive hit a dead end, its to plain, but I cant get anything work, Ive tryed wrapping the content and sidebar in a div and adding a bg to set it off, but didnt work, tryed adding some style to the nav, didnt fly........

If you have a creative eye, take a look and shoot some design ideas this way

The link is in my sig.

Thanks Jer

well for one the videos on your main page slow its loading time down tremendously. why not have a thumbnail of the video and link to it on another page (for all of them)

Yes I really nead to do something about that. Im working with wordpress on this one and dont know how I would go about doing that. I may down the road, find someone that knows PHP do it for me, if I can not find an easy sollution.

I really like that theme. I don't believe the design should attract too much attention for a site like that anyway. The monochromatic look brings your eye to where it should be - the content.

Here's one suggestion: the little goldfish with headphones icon is a bit tough to make out next to your post headlines. Why not change it up a bit and maybe have just a headphone icon or a goldfish from the side view. Try using an icon ie pixel art instead of a photo for this. Better yet, if you get some clever programming in there you could tag each post and have an icon for different categories like here on wickedfire - one for videos, news etc.

Why not embed the content from youtube or another site like it? You'll save on bandwidth if nothing else. Let google pay for it.

I really like that theme. I don't believe the design should attract too much attention for a site like that anyway. The monochromatic look brings your eye to where it should be - the content.

Here's one suggestion: the little goldfish with headphones icon is a bit tough to make out next to your post headlines. Why not change it up a bit and maybe have just a headphone icon or a goldfish from the side view. Try using an icon ie pixel art instead of a photo for this. Better yet, if you get some clever programming in there you could tag each post and have an icon for different categories like here on wickedfire - one for videos, news etc.

Thanks for the compliment and the suggestions, Im going to play with a few different icons to see what I can come up with.

Im going to have to work on the clever programming :) im not to good with php, I can look at a template and tell whats what, but actually writing the code, forget it.

Darkpedro, I do use Google and Youtube from time to time, but I was getting the feeling that the site was begining to look a bit generic, so I started embeding video.

Status
Not open for further replies.