So many possiblities

Little trick I used to do with the godaddy expire auctions is finding out who owns the domain with old whois info and calling them.

Manged to get quit a few solid domains for almost nothing this way.

In most cases you get a clueless person on the line who had no idea they either still owned the domain or that it's worth anything.

Not sure how far this one is in expiring but the owner should still have a renew chance here.

Little trick I used to do with the godaddy expire auctions is finding out who owns the domain with old whois info and calling them.

Manged to get quit a few solid domains for almost nothing this way.

In most cases you get a clueless person on the line who had no idea they either still owned the domain or that it's worth anything.

Not sure how far this one is in expiring but the owner should still have a renew chance here.

I did the exact same thing once by accident.

I offered $2,000 for a domain name privately and the seller accepted. I didn't even know it was on GoDaddy auctions at the time, but apparently the bidding was at $1,000 with a BIN of $18,000 at the time I made my private offer.

A week after the purchase one of the bidders on the auction came and offered me $18,000 for it.

I did the exact same thing once by accident.

I offered $2,000 for a domain name privately and the seller accepted. I didn't even know it was on GoDaddy auctions at the time, but apparently the bidding was at $1,000 with a BIN of $18,000 at the time I made my private offer.

A week after the purchase one of the bidders on the auction came and offered me $18,000 for it.

That's a good score right there!

Last time I checked godaddy does not even let you know your domain is up for auction, sneaky bastards.