Smartphone encrytption/security for safely logging into adwords/YSM/paypal etc etc

Sticks79

Jun 3, 2007
Just ordered the HTC touchpro2, anyway what do you guys use to secure your shit when you log into important sites as title suggests and not get sniffed?

Searched the forum didn't find much, couple of apps from a google search, just want to hear what youse are using.

AnthaVPN

i wouldn't really worry unless you're using wifi hotspots. the data connection is encrypted pretty well with UMTS already as is.

AnthaVPN

i wouldn't really worry unless you're using wifi hotspots. the data connection is encrypted pretty well with UMTS already as is.

Looks good thanks for that, yeah I will be wanting to use this in wifi hotspots coz I'll be buying the phone outright and just throwing a pre-paid in it, so it's cheaper if I'm using wifi, thus why I need good security.

Get a bigger battery and "Auto On/Off" to manage your wifi connection. Those wifi chips use up a lot of energy.

I have the Touch Pro with a data plan (3.5G) and even though the 3G chip uses less electricity and I have it automatically turned off when I'm not using it, I still had to get a 1800 mAh battery to get more than a day out of the device (the one that comes with the phone is 900 mAh).

It's always good to start asking security questions after you have ordered hardware. Hehe.

VPN is cool. And for people that have not ordered hardware Blackberry has been taking corporate security quite seriously for a long time. Not saying it is better or worse than the HTC products. BTW HTC is an awesome company and their stock usually does quite well.