Smart Mop - shamwow rip off

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLott

have a seat over there
May 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
heh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6qaG8RlUk"]YouTube - Smart Mop Commercial - Drink Your Spilled Soda Off the Floor[/ame]

What part is the rip-off, the pitch? These things have been around way longer than the Sham Wow. Though not as long as chamois or "shammy" cloths that have been widely available for decades.

Dollar store muthafucka!

brawny.jpg

Holy shit, that's the gayest random paper towel image of all time rofl.

(I wonder if they have Brawny Black and what the package looks like....hmm..)

GRAB ME!!

Interesting that they use a clearly English accent for the ad.
Do Americans inherently trust the British or something? Cause I was thinking that whole revolution and becoming a republic sort of meant that you didn't.

That British dude is actually "the mastermind" behind these products. He usually gets Billy to pitch them, but I'm sure Mays declined citing the fact that he had pitched the cum rag Zorbees, and that pitching Zorbees On a Stick would have inevitably diluted his already diminishing power of salesmanship.

Disgruntled and disillusioned, the British dude downed a bottle of 18th century cognac, and decided to do the commercial himself to reveal to the American public what he has known all along. Namely, that we sweep ketchup, mustard and sand under our fridges, and that we slurp coke off of linoleum.

That's actually a pretty good ad despite it's bullshit-buy-from-tv crap.. could there be a reason why all the commercials are still like this.. hmmmm.. watch and learn from the big boys.

that's cash in the trash. heh
Seriously I have a friend who owns an infomercial production company. Some of her clients make millions in a few months with this crap. Apparently people are still watching regular TV and buying

$20 for the mop, with a free $10 set of towels = $30 value

He will "spend $20 with you" giving you another mop and another set of towels

ie 2 * $30 value = $50 value!!!

... Wait... What?

Status
Not open for further replies.