Sites Probed Over Ringtone Rip-Offs - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapris

Nov 28, 2007
"Dozens of British websites selling ringtones to children are under investigation for suspected abuses of consumer protection laws.

A Europe-wide inquiry found that more than 90% of UK sites marketing mobile services - ringtones, "wallpaper", chat service subscriptions, phone games and logos - were misleading and confusing.

The Office of Fair Trading, involved in the EU survey, has chosen not to name the 39 of the 43 sites that Brussels says will now be pursued."

Full story

:R:

Read the fine print you dumbasses. Jesus.

How are people getting away with getting legit companies in trouble for their stupidity? It's like the lawsuit I saw yesterday where the underage 20 year old girl drank a flaming shot of 151, missed her mouth and is suing now (4 years later, shes 24 now) for letting her drink underage. Are people really that effing stupid?

Edit: read about this shit ... Woman Suing Green Iguana For 'Flaming Shot' Injuries

Heh ... just got a message from my celldorado AM yesterday that due to "technical difficulties" all their uk servers were down and they did not know when they would be running again.

Like the jars of peanut butter that contain the message on the label, 'may contain nuts'?

:)

:R:

1. On the LP, it says the price of the subscription.
2. You get a text message with a pin, also stating the price of the subscription.
3. When entering your pin, you check a box agreeing the subscription.

How fucking confusing is it?

I bought a 10" CD rack that had a warning on it that said DO NOT to use it as a ladder...damn midgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.