Site gone

nniko

Dec 31, 2010
homeless
While rebuilding a site we used a spare domain to park the thing, just for testing purposes. The test site was password protected but the htaccess file got removed, at one point, and it remained unprotected by mistake. Would having the site dupliacted on two domains cause g to kill it.

You guys need to explain yourselves properly. Where has your site gone from? Is it missing from your root zone at your host or is it gone from the search engine rankings?

It's missing from search engine rankings, nowhere to be found. I know this happens alot, and we have had sites come and go. But it's been about month now and now we are getting a little worried. The site is nine years old and ranks well for most key words. We just wondered if this has happened to anyone else, and what was the result.

It's missing from search engine rankings, nowhere to be found. I know this happens alot, and we have had sites come and go. But it's been about month now and now we are getting a little worried. The site is nine years old and ranks well for most key words. We just wondered if this has happened to anyone else, and what was the result.
Check if the site is banned or not. Submit a sitemap and verify your website on google.

The site isn't banned, the problem is when you do a g search we don't show on any page for any key words.

^ this... probably not because of the duplicate content of the dev domain, but if you worry about duplicate content, just 301 your dev url to the live site. It can be just a panda update... Also, did you update the live site with any major changes at all?

^ this... probably not because of the duplicate content of the dev domain, but if you worry about duplicate content, just 301 your dev url to the live site. It can be just a panda update... Also, did you update the live site with any major changes at all?

We had made some changes before panda but actually did better after that. I'll 301 the live site.

Who knows, its part of the game and we are all playing. I might not ever find out what happened exactly. wtf can u do!!!!