Simple "Related Topics" Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim

Jan 15, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
www.webproleads.com
I decided to put together a little php script to help people with their arbitrage landing pages. This is very simple and can easily be expanded upon. I know this works on php5, I'm not sure about compatibility for previous versions of php.

Note: You need a Yahoo! API Key in order to this this application. Register your app here: http://api.search.yahoo.com/webservices/register_application

You'll need to plug your api app key into the variable in my script. Look for the first variable, $yahooApiKey = "YahooDemo". The script will work a few times with the YahooDemo as the key, but you should really replace it with your key as soon as you have it.

Download the script here: http://www.adscape.net/wfplayground/files/related-topics.zip

I have a demo so you can see it in action here:

WickedFire Playground - Related Topics

Reactions: [R]DeVore

dshah,
your demo shows this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.fizzle/deepakshah/seodon.com/related-topics-curl.php on line 39

so aim's version doesnt work on dreamhost? i hate dreamhost. lol. ill look it over and try to work on it in a bit. thanks again for the script though aim.

dshah,
your demo shows this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.fizzle/deepakshah/seodon.com/related-topics-curl.php on line 39

so aim's version doesnt work on dreamhost? i hate dreamhost. lol. ill look it over and try to work on it in a bit. thanks again for the script though aim.

That error is coming up because you need to change the filepath to yours.

for example:
/home/.fizzle/rdevore/your-site.com/related-topics-curl.php

Ignore that warning, it still works. I should just put a condition for 'no' search term.

Update: its fixed now - thanks.

PS: If possible could you remove that whole path from the above posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.