Shopping.com Arbitrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority_Mail90

Success Depends on Focus
Dec 2, 2007
So,

I searched around and didn't see mention of anyone actually doing it. Has anyone used shopping.com feeds for click arbitrage (rather than Adsense).

It seems that for some categories they are paying an *okay* fixed amount per click so sending some long-tail cheap traffic from the big engines might make sense ?

Curious because I have a friend who is going to be using them for his shopping site rather than going CPA across multiple networks, which I think is a mistake.

For those that don't know, shopping.com is CPC not CPA network.

Cheers

Broad targeting, you'll probably make more off of Shopping.com feeds. Hell, even throw AdSense at the top of the search, as well.

Very specific arbitrage, CPA could be better, but everything really depends on CPC vs. CPA rates for the prodcuts. Figure out how much is made from the average page working on CPC, and then figure out what conversion rate on a CPA/percentage basis you can get on the same products/search terms, and then back out a required conversion rate. If that CR is reasonable or low for the product, go with CPA/CPO. If not, go with CPC.

I knew someone who was doing it - he wasn't making great money but it was profitable. It lends itself much more to PPC/type-in/link traffic then SEO from what I've seen.

From an arbitrage point of view it will work, but like anything arbitrage it has to be watched closely.

I have been doing it. It's profitable, but not that profitable as adsense arbitrage.

and it is difficult to scale up.

Status
Not open for further replies.