Shopping cart for newbie

pilkster

Dec 21, 2006
G'day

I'm looking for a shopping cart solution, can be self-hosted so long as low maintenance, must provide datafeed for google shopping. As this is an 'experiment' it must be pretty economical (low/no monthly fee). Also probably will start off using paypal instead of merchant account.

Any recommendations? I've never actually sold a physical product before (other than on ebay).

Thanks in advance

G'day

I'm looking for a shopping cart solution, can be self-hosted so long as low maintenance, must provide datafeed for google shopping. As this is an 'experiment' it must be pretty economical (low/no monthly fee). Also probably will start off using paypal instead of merchant account.

Any recommendations? I've never actually sold a physical product before (other than on ebay).

Thanks in advance

If you find one please pm me also.....

You can try out zencart or one of the several wordpress shopping cart plugins - Google em up. Wordpress is a good option if you are looking for something free.

G'day

Thanks in advance

FatFreeCart - Free shopping cart for Google Checkout and PayPal

You can also give this a shot if you want to test your product only and don't have a website. Both hosting and the cart are free.

You just add your product.

Free Shopping Cart Software: Simple Online Shopping Cart for eCommerce

From the bottom of the site's page:

"The Vendio free shopping cart software has all the features you need to grow your business. Don't let "free shopping cart" make you think that it's any less robust or complete. With Vendio's simple shopping cart you can get up and selling quickly. Everything is hosted and there is nothing to install (unlike many other shopping carts). Plus, users can easily create a gorgeous storefront using our free online store builder in addition to managing all your products, orders and customers from one location. In a nutshell, Vendio took advanced shopping cart technology, made it user-friendly and free - making it the best free shopping cart on the market today."