ShoeMoney Case Study #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeTM

Apr 27, 2007
With the exercise nazis
First off, if you want to bash shoemoney with nothing to add as far as how you would do what he suggests differently...go to STS and post in one of the 97 threads there. Get out of my thread now.

I don't read SM's blog, so I went there tonight and chose the case study based on the "Most Commented Posts". This isn't the only one I'll choose, but if the exposure that he gets is worrisome to people, I figured the most commented on would be the most popular...where he has the most reach.

This is the post:

5 Ways To Make Passive Income On Your Website - ShoeMoney®

Basically the five ways are:

Affiliates
Contextual
Subscription
Direct Ad Sales
Donations

He gives a very basic pros and cons of each, with the skill level required.

What am I missing here? This is actually a basic post. YES....he could expand on each and go into great detail but the post itself isn't heinous.

Is there a different post or a huge amount of posts that I could use instead? I agree his blog is very commercialized, but that in itself isn't worth the hating. I've seen sites far worse that provide zero value (arbi anyone?). So what is it? What makes him a scammer?

Hey Judy,

I'm not really involved in all this. I've only been around in the industry a short time and never read the SM blog (except when its being referenced in wf). Therefore, I have no opinion on the guy. That being said, I thought I would direct you to this post. Tobsn seems to have done his own testing on SM as well. http://www.wickedfire.com/shooting-...-check-before-he-photoshopped.html#post257996

EDIT: I just realized it may not be as clinical and unbiased as you are looking for at the moment, but I think it's still worth reviewing.

Ahhhh, I think that helps actually.

It's his style that is the problem, not the actual info. By style I mean bragging, etc. So his method of marketing himself is based on lies which is the scamming people are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.