Shoe Hustlin

"you could buy a decent pair of sneakers for under $30."

When and where the fuck was this lady born?

These little hustler kids are great though.

So let me get this straight...

Rare Nike shoes, made in China, now selling for $1,600+.

And I can go have someone in the US make the same shoe, and a better version for well under $1,600.

Or someone in China make a copy for way less.

Not seeing the point here?

These shoes have no value, lol. Watches are handcrafted, hundreds of parts, take years to make, etc. And they are worth the higher price tag. Vintage cars have thousands of hours of body work done by hand, hand-built parts, etc.

But their is nothing special about these shoes other than them being "factory original".

But again, their made in China.

lol. People will buy anything on emotion that's deemed, "rare" without using real logic.

I know a guy who has a basement with at least 500+ pairs, most are new in the box. All he does is collect them and wear them, so crazy.

Also odd you can buy a pair of handcrafted leather tooled boots made in the USA by someone who invested hours into crafting them for ~$300. But nah, these cheap material Nike shoes made in China by a foreigner who doesn't give a shit, deems them to be worth the $1,600+ price tag!

So let me get this straight...

Rare Nike shoes, made in China, now selling for $1,600+.

And I can go have someone in the US make the same shoe, and a better version for well under $1,600.

Or someone in China make a copy for way less.

These shoes have no value, lol. Watches are handcrafted, hundreds of parts, take years to make, etc. And they are worth the higher price tag. Vintage cars have thousands of hours of body work done by hand, hand-built parts, etc.

But their is nothing special about these shoes other than them being "factory original".

But again, their made in China.

lol. People will buy anything on emotion that's deemed, "rare" without using real logic.

I know a guy who has a basement with at least 500+ pairs, most are new in the box. All he does is collect them and wear them, so crazy.

Also odd you can buy a pair of handcrafted leather tooled boots made in the USA by someone who invested hours into crafting them for ~$300. But nah, these cheap material Nike shoes made in China by a foreigner who doesn't give a shit, deems them to be worth the $1,600+ price tag!

Not to mention those shoes in the video are horrendous.

Sports cards
Stamps
Coins worth 10000x times their face value
Comic books
Hummel figurines
And so on..

Saying shoes that people collect and pay thousands for have no value kind of makes you sound like a crotchety old man.

Don't worry, this response wasn't made in China!

Sports cards
Stamps
Coins worth 10000x times their face value
Comic books
Hummel figurines
And so on..

Saying shoes that people collect and pay thousands for have no value kind of makes you sound like a crotchety old man.

Don't worry, this response wasn't made in China!

Still all horrible collections...

All your doing is hoarding shit.

* OR trying to store it to make a profit. (Acceptable, take advantage of it)

But let's be real.

Most people will own and BUY this shit just to admire it, or to use it to impress others or themselves.

All material bullshit people don't even need.

I can understand someone wanting a baseball signed by a professional baseball player. You can't reproduce him physically and personally singing it. (He's going to die at some point, and that will never be possible again). Plus you might be attached to watching that person play while attending every ballgame. Note: Personally Signed*

But shoes? Beanie Babies? Pokemon Cards, Sports Cards, Etc.

Their is absolutely nothing special about them.

People determine the value, in reality their worth nothing more than a few dollars in production costs overseas.

All one massive facade.

If you're still not convinced: Refer to "Pet rocks".

Still all horrible collections...

All your doing is hoarding shit.

* OR trying to store it to make a profit. (Acceptable, take advantage of it)

But let's be real.

Most people will own and BUY this shit just to admire it, or to use it to impress others or themselves.

All material bullshit people don't even need.

I can understand someone wanting a baseball signed by a professional baseball player. You can't reproduce him physically and personally singing it. (He's going to die at some point, and that will never be possible again). Plus you might be attached to watching that person play while attending every ballgame. Note: Personally Signed*

But shoes? Beanie Babies? Pokemon Cards, Sports Cards, Etc.

Their is absolutely nothing special about them.

People determine the value, in reality their worth nothing more than a few dollars in production costs overseas.

All one massive facade.

If you're still not convinced: Refer to "Pet rocks".

Convinced

Of what exactly?

Wow. On the last deal when the kid's mom brought up the fact that the kid's dad was deceased military and was about to show her military ID to prove it. Talk about a pity card. How many other times has she brought that up for cheaper shoes?

Damn, I wonder who bought all of that kid's stuff in the first place....

Seemed to have a pretty nice room, house, a big iMac sitting on a nice desk, and his dad driving the Audi. Not to say he didn't earn all of that himself, but you all know how it goes...

Nonetheless, props to him for getting out there and making money.

haters-gonna-hate.gif